ATX Community

Accounting Module on TRX Premium

GeneInAlabama

I purchased the Premium package of TRX 1040 which is advertised to include the accounting program. Surprise! I found out that the accounting program truly is included; BUT, in addition to buying the program, you have to pay $6.50 per client per month to use it. I would have purchased the program anyway without the extra module, but I don't like false advertising. The way it was advertised, it appeared that there would be no other cost. It gives a bad impression of apparently an otherwise good company. To be fair, I need to state that I purchased the premium program for the $299 price, but I have a flyer that states that I would get the PREMIUM package for $299 if I acted within a certain time frame. Kimberly at sales assured me that I would get the premium package at that price. I realize that I got more than my money's worth, but I hate deceit. If it was promised, it should have been delivered.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Hi Gene,

Your thoughts are welcome, and I completely understand this. I have checked with our accounting department, and we are not charging for this, so I am wondering if it is a TRX charge? Could you check to see who is invoicing or charging your card for this?

I know there are some premium adds you can get, at which point it would be extra money, but not by a per client fee like this that they are aware of.

[email protected] is my email if you would rather respond to me directly with any sensitive info.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, I didn't realize the accounting module was a part of Red Gear. I thought it was something TRX threw in with the tax program. I was a bit harsh in my original post and I apoligize. I may have misunderstood the sales person or she may have misunderstood me. Or, maybe she just didn't know. I will contact sales again and determine exactly what the score is.

I really appreciate the support you have been giving and I am sure the other members of this forum do too.

That is no problem at all; we teamed up with CYMA to provide that module, and many customers have really loved having it, but I was troubled by the extra charges you referred to, so I am glad you spoke up. We did not program it, but did hook up with them to provide it for our customers.

I appreciate you all as well; you have been patient and yet very good about providing feedback that will help us to improve, etc.

Thanks, Ryan

Ryan, I checked back with TRS sales and they said that the first company is free, but each additional company costs $6.50 per month per client to use. She did say that this is a TRS charge and not a Red Gear charge. Kinda like buying a car and then having to pay to use it. I didn't buy the software because it included the accounting package and would have bought it anyway, but since they included it in the price, they should have honored it.

Ryan, I appreciate the way you are supporting all of us. You are a real asset to the company.