ATX Community

2Yr Analysis Worksheet

Crank

This isnt a big issue but it has been bugging me for a while so I thought I would post this and see how others are dealing with it.

I converted 2009 ATX returns and then imported them into the 2010 TRX program. Most numbers come across and slot correctly. Some dont. And I am ok with correcting them but has anyone noticed that some of the explanations of where to find the appropriate items on last years return (2009 1040) are not correct?

For example the program says to find "Total Taxes" on line 63 of the 2009 form 1040. It is actually found on line 60. There are a few similar instances like this. Also the form does not have line items for all 2009 form 1040 lines Some items must be combined and the result is a confusing 2-year comparison on a line-by-line analysis. Because of this I dont give it to most clients. This is something that I did for all clients in past years as its a great tool for understanding why the refund or amount owed has changed from the previous year.

Thanks

John

I haven't noticed that, but, in most cases, I haven't been inputting 2009 in the 2 year history. I've been modifying the converted 2009 in TRX before updating to 2010. I haven't noticed any obvious differences, but I'm not looking at them side by side.

The main issues I've had is when something like depreciation is different in TRX from ATX (twice the error was in ATX). But I can't overwrite in TRX to make it match what was actually taken. So I've made an adjustment as an "other" expense on Schedule C so the history will match-up. Then in 2010, I adjust the depreciation previously taken to make it match up. I have made the adjustments on the 2 year history, but I don't remember the circumstances.