ATX Community

PA Local Taxing Authoritiy Forms & Caculations

Crank

Hi John (Crank),

Regarding the PA forms, I have been told that both are now available in the form filler, but I am not where I can validate that. If time permits, go ahead and take a look. They will be added to next year's program as IRS approved forms with full use.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan,

No the forms are not in form filler, that I can see. I am on version 2010.9.9. Almost every PA form listed in form filler says that the form is not available yet, Try upgrading from the internet. Is there a different method of upgrading these forms other than the normal version upgrades?

These two forms will be a big help for next year. This year is a bit of a pain to have to edit every return but I'll deal with it. Pa is in the process of switching from 100's of individual local income taxing authorities to just a few aggregators like Keystone & Berkheimer that you have addressed for next year. There will possibly be a few more for next year and it would be great if they too were included in the 2011 TY product. If and when I find out what they are I will notify you so maybe they too can make it into the 2011 TY program.

Also, I have another issue with these "local forms" that would be great to have implemented in next years program.

Local income taxes are based on the amount of time the client has resided in the local taxing district during the year and each municipality can have a different flat tax rate (usually between 1% - 2%). So if I have a client that lived 2 months in municipality A, 7 months in municipality B and 3 months in municipality C then I need to prepare 3 Local earned income tax returns and pro-rate the income, deductions and witholdings accordingly.

Right now I just do this on a manual spreadsheet and overide the appropriate line items with the correct amnounts. It would be great to have an input form or worksheet to input the various municipalities and dates of residence and have the program calculate and slot the pro rated amounts. Do you think something like this would be doable for next year?

Thanks

John