ATX Community

Help! QB Tax Report Import

David

Client mapped his accounts in QB for his 1065 tax return in hopes of lowering the fee to prepare his 1065. I am in the process of importing his tax report and it has already been 30 minutes. Based on the accounts processed vs. the total number of accounts, this will take over 5 hours.

This is my first time importing QB information into the ATX program. Nothing in the instructions indicated that it would take this long.

I can't stop the import and I can't continue to work in the ATX program. I am frozen until the import finishes.

Does anyone know what I can do to stop the import and be able to work in the program?

Thanks.

I had a disc from a business client that was a qif file that I started yesterday. After countless tries to read it in any program I had, I finally figured out how to convert it to a different file. When I opened excel, it not only had 2010 income and expenses but all the way back to 2000 income and expenses. ERG

On another note, while I was going through the 2010 income and expenses, one of the deposits had a description "SEX 2010" in the amount of $250. Thank God I didnt have to call the client and ask what this was for!