ATX Community

Really strange problem with ATX and Quickbooks

MarkM

Whenever I try to to any action within ATX such as updating the program, creating an efile or exiting the program, Windows Installer pops up and begins installing QB. I can cancel the install process and then whatever action I was doing with ATX continues normally. This issue only happens with ATX and not any other programs on my computer.

I know this is most likely a Windows/registry problem and not an ATX problem (I am running XP Pro with SP3), but I am wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this with ATX. Maybe a Windows guru on here can help!

Thanks.

I have QB 2006-2010 and I haven't had this problem at all. Have you tried shutting down the PC and starting back up, this usuallys release anything in the registry or try this program called Reg Clean, do a google search it's a free application.

I made a correction to the name of the software, I have not used this software in such a long time that I forgot the name of it, but I looked it up and it is Reg Clean.