ATX Community

Indiana 8453

DEE

Did Indiana do away with 8453 or is it not updated yet. I have not seen it in the download center although it states Indiana is a approved state to start filing.

Thanks Dee

It's gone this year.

http://www.in.gov/dor/taxforms/pdfs/1345.pdf

From Publication IND 1345 "Handbook for Electronic Return Originators and Transmitters of Individual Income Tax Returns"

New Signature Forms:

Indiana IT-8879 - Due to a change made by the IRS, the Indiana Department of

Revenue has eliminated the Indiana Form IT-8453, Signature Form, and developed the

new Indiana Form IT-8879. This form mirrors the federal Form 8879 and will be used

for the Self-Select PIN and Practitioner PIN Programs. See Page 11 for further details.

It's gone this year.

http://www.in.gov/dor/taxforms/pdfs/1345.pdf

From Publication IND 1345 "Handbook for Electronic Return Originators and Transmitters of Individual Income Tax Returns"

New Signature Forms:

Indiana IT-8879 - Due to a change made by the IRS, the Indiana Department of

Revenue has eliminated the Indiana Form IT-8453, Signature Form, and developed the

new Indiana Form IT-8879. This form mirrors the federal Form 8879 and will be used

for the Self-Select PIN and Practitioner PIN Programs. See Page 11 for further details.

I don't see this in the program yet, has it been updated and approved.

MYATX.COM lists due dates for forms, if the 8879 is not listed there you may need to call and request the form be added.

I'm on hold with ATX right now, waiting to find out when this form will be added. Has anyone else requested this form yet or heard when it will be available?

Thanks.