ATX Community

Radio "talk show"

Pacun

Today, I was listening to a latino radio station and a tax preparer was talking about taxes. People were asking questions live. The tax preparer was from a famous latino accounting firm but his answers sounded good but were not correct. I heard about 3 questions and none of them were answered 100% correctly.

I thought circular 230 prevented tax preparers from engaging in that type of marketing strategy. We can only air pre-recorded advertisements, is that correct?

I don't think I have seen a local channel, network news channel, or cable news/business channel that has not had somebody on from H&R, Liberty, JH, or some local or national CPA firm being interviewed and giving tax advice. I also read three major market newspapers on line and they all have tax columns with questions answered by a local tax preparer, sometimes on a rotating basis. I don't see anything in 230 that restricts participation in that type of news/information programs.