ATX Community

Scan & Fill - Possible to get a refund?

JCMCCANN

We purchased Scan & Fill and have recently installed it. I have been on hold with customer service forever trying to find out exactly what 1099s and W-2s this program is capable of scanning and importing. We have tried some 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, and 1099-MISC statements with no success. The user manual only says...."any other form in our library of recognized tax forms".

Does anyone know what forms Scan & Fill will successfully scan and import? I have been looking online for a listing somewhere with no luck.

Additionally, does ATX offer refunds for their programs when we discover we don't like them.

Any input would be appreciated.

--J

We purchased Scan & Fill and have recently installed it. I have been on hold with customer service forever trying to find out exactly what 1099s and W-2s this program is capable of scanning and importing. We have tried some 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, and 1099-MISC statements with no success. The user manual only says...."any other form in our library of recognized tax forms".

Does anyone know what forms Scan & Fill will successfully scan and import? I have been looking online for a listing somewhere with no luck.

Additionally, does ATX offer refunds for their programs when we discover we don't like them.

Any input would be appreciated.

--J

JCMCCANN,

I believe ATX still has the 30 day refund policy. You need to send the software back with a request to cancel. Call the sales folks with help on the cancellation if technical support doesn't work out for you.

Monkeyman

I finally got someone live at technical assistance.

The software will scan the tax document but will not read it to properly name it therefore making it impossible to import it into ATX - the whole purpose of the Scan & Fill software. The technical support folks are sending our issues over to the development team to work on a fix. They don't know when it will or if a resolution will be developed for us.

I am on hold with Sales to figure out about refunds. I know I ordered for renewal on the December 12th and I can see on their website refunds are to be requested within 30 days. However, this isn't an issue with us being unsatisfied. This is an issue with the software not working!

The ATX of old and the ATX of now may be different, but ATX used to want you to try the programs and offered an unconditional guarantee. I don't know if that changed with the change in ownership though.

An important note regarding the refunds; they didn't ship (or at least they told me that no one would receive the software) until the week after Christmas. Therefore, that should be within the 30 days.

S

The sales folks state the software was shipped on Jan 4th so the refund needs to be requested within 30 days of that.

The request for a refund needs to be provided both by fax and mail and state the reason for the refund request.

Here are the coordinates to send refund requests:

fax:

800-834-4859

mailing:

CCH Company

6 Mathis Dr NW

Rome, GA 30164-2729

Refunds supposedly take 2-3 weeks to process.

--J