ATX Community

Are we serving our own interests?

MontanaEA

:unsure: Here's something to consider. Going to the Tax Wise announcement of CCH takeover, it states there are 9,300 TaxWise users. Going to the ATX announcement of CCH takeover, it states there are 30,000 ATX users. I would think they would support whichever program garners the larger following. It seems to me that if we want ATX to continue and not be forced into using TaxWise instead, we might be better served to try to solve our problems with CCH and promote the ATX program, rather than jumping ship. I don't know, the idea of changing to different software (again) doesn't do much for me. I'm willing to see what I can do to make the organizer workable ( my biggest complaint so far this year), and to see if they can work out their support system problems.

I would love to stay with ATX, but I don't think it is going to happen. My understanding is (and the ATX staff can confirm or deny) the management of CCH Small Business is mostly from the TaxWise side. That is why we have Taxwise support people in Georgia instead of ATX in Maine.

Your goals are admirable, but from what I have read in my tea leaves, this is not going to get better, and I am preparing to bail immediately when this season is over.

And I will not promote their product for them until they treat me with a bit of respect. The last minute gotcha fees, the pulling of the support board, the support layoffs... none of it is something I would tell a friend to sign up for.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom

Lodi, CA

The biggest problem I see with that logic is that it ignores who the TaxWise biggest user is. A little group that goes by it's initials. IRS, sound familiar?

It seems clear from their actions to date that they have decided that TaxWise is going to continue, for sure. So what we have to hope to do is convince them that ATX should continue also. That is still possible, I believe. We do have to let them know that we do not see TaxWise as a good option. If they think we would mostly go to Drake or ProFX, that might make them keep us happy. I'm not giving up on the hope that support improves. Not quite yet.