ATX Community

TRX Software

TaxMan74

I have noticed that most of you have bought the TRX Premium 1040 software (MSRP $699) for $299. I'm wondering how you were able to get that price.Can anyone of you hook me up with the sales rep who sold you. I got $449 as the lowest quote so far.

My business is a semi-rural area and I can't afford expensive software and the business is soft. I used TaxAct and found it expensive if you add all the business modules and efiling.

Advance thanks for your help !!!

Another 5 months till the tax season :P

I like many others on this board who purchased ATX through TRX for 2009 were offered the option to purchase the $699 version of TaxWorks from TRX for $299 plus shipping, as a replacement of ATX for 2010 due to TRX losing their license with ATX.

The best news is that all subsequent renewals every year as long as you renew before May 1, are fixed @ $299.

The only issue is that TRX may lose its licensing agreement with Tax Works and offer yet another solution in the future. They do have a new home grown product for 2011 called Tax Exact. I have reviewed it and found it to be a decent product with some stability issues. They are very receptive to comments and criticisms and seem to make timely corrections and enhancements.

At this time I chose to stay with TaxWorks as I find it to be quite robust and comprehensive.

Best of luck

Mike Dubin CPA

• 3 weeks later...

I like many others on this board who purchased ATX through TRX for 2009 were offered the option to purchase the $699 version of TaxWorks from TRX for $299 plus shipping, as a replacement of ATX for 2010 due to TRX losing their license with ATX.

The best news is that all subsequent renewals every year as long as you renew before May 1, are fixed @ $299.

The only issue is that TRX may lose its licensing agreement with Tax Works and offer yet another solution in the future. They do have a new home grown product for 2011 called Tax Exact. I have reviewed it and found it to be a decent product with some stability issues. They are very receptive to comments and criticisms and seem to make timely corrections and enhancements.

At this time I chose to stay with TaxWorks as I find it to be quite robust and comprehensive.

Best of luck

Mike Dubin CPA

Thank You, Mike. Appreciate your help.