ATX Community

Test Efile Didn't Work

lbbwest

Warning Will Robinson, Warning. Efile test didn't work. Error message continue to state correct program version not downloaded. I download daily. After waiting on hold for a long period, spoke with very pleasant young lady from Georgia who suggested I download. Wanted me to restart computer (already done, done, and done.) We were diconnected. After calling back (and being on hold) she had me change Atx.exe file to "old." She then gave me "Herbert" who she said would figure out why my system wasn't updating the new versions (they were on my drive.) Herbert asked me if this was my first time installing ATX. YIKES!!!! I tried to get him up to snuff, nice guy but it wasn't easy....Finally I said, "Herbert, why don't I just move my ATX backup from within the C\programs\ATX2007 to my desk top, remove ATX, reinstall, download updates from web, and restore backups? Herbert thought it a capital idea, I did it, and VOILA! efile test worked. I am STRONGLY suggesting anybody even semi-proficient with the program or computers (that may be overstating my abilities) go to the nth degree BEFORE calling technical support. Best of all in this taxing season. lbb