ATX Community

new computer-moving files

Marie

I Transfered Tax years 2003-2011 used WINDOWS EASY TRANSFER in WINDOWS 7. You have to have easy transfer running on both computers. If you do not have Easy Transfer on your old computer you can down load it from the Internet. I used wireles net work to do it. Once you get Easy Transfer set on both computers follow the Instruction on your screen. Choose only 1 folder at a time or it will try to transfer your whole disk. I moved the year I wanted to transfer into the shared folder. Then I transfered The complete program client base and all.

It take about 20 to 30 Minnetes for each year. Depending on how large your client base is. Once it finishes go in with exployer and find your netset up file and run it .Tthis should put your i-con on the desk top. Then open your tax program and see if your client base is there and then see if you can open one.If that works try printing a page. If this does not work you may have to delete it out on the new computer and do it over. If all OK you go to the next year that you want to transfer and do the same.

I tried transfering the whole disk and my client base did not transfer right. However if you do 1 year at a time like I have instructed I belive it will work. No guarentee and you may have to expermint some

.Dale

Umm, Marie, IF you're trying to move ATX from a Windows XP to a Windows 7 system, and if you haven't used Windows Easy Transfer, already, DON'T! Lookup Jack from Ohio's advice, instead.

WET hosed my Win7 machine so bad, I had to restore it to "factory settings;" lost *major* hours re-starting everything.

Best o' luck, TaxCPANY