ATX Community

TRX TaxWorks Pending Issues for Ryan

Mike D

OK, I guess I'll start. I'm not sure if this is an issue with TaxWorks or just the TRX version or if it's will change after an update.

I'm working on a Sch F for a Form 1065 (partnership). I'm entering the info for a 1099G (government insurance payment) that goes to line 4a (of the Sch F). 1099G is typed next to the input box, but it's black -- not blue and underlined. The help screen says to enter the info on the 1099G link and it will feed to this line. But... no link. Can't find 1099G in the list of forms, either. I noticed the same thing above for the 1099K, but I'm not trying to use that line.

I can input the figures in the 4a and 4b boxes, but I thought all the 1099G info went to IRS in an e-file (like with W2s). Should there be "real" links for these 1099s?

TRX support just said to enter the info directly on the forms. No problem. Just curious if the 1099 input screen were supposed to be there?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Issue with 1099R, code 4 and form 8606 where Taxpayer & Spouse had prior years (before 2011) nondeductible IRA contributions with an entry only on line #2. TP & Spouse had no current year Nondeductible IRA contributions and therefore no entry on line #1 of form 8606.

1099R should be fully taxable and reported on line 15b. However, an incorrect taxable portion is being calculated on form 8606 based upon the nondeductible IRA contributions. This is a beneficiary IRA, not a traditional IRA.

This issue was correct in 2010 and in 2011 up until an update on or about February 7th, subsequent updates have changed the 8606 calculations and the taxable portion of the 1099R but it remains incorrect.

TRX was notified of this issue on about February 8th and responded that it was a known issue with RegGear and would be addressed with the update on February 14th. This update changed the 8606 calculations but it remains incorrect.

Also, the return has been locked and as of the February 14th update the return does not display at all in review mode. In review mode only an icon appears but no form names. If you click on a line where the form name should be listed the program gives an error. Trying to print in review mode also gives a print failed error.

• 2 weeks later...

I just emailed Ryan for his assistance. You should bear in mind that he is not obligated to monitor this board and/or provide any support as we have not purchased the software from Red Gear directly! That being said we need to be a bit more tolerant and thankful that he will assist us in time.

I am certain that he will oblige!

Mike Dubin CPA

Another change on the Form 8606. Client converted Traditional IRA to Roth in 2010. 1/2 to be taxed on the 2011 return. It shows on the 8606 properly but no longer carries back to the 1040. It carried over yesterday. I added one small royalty to the return and they went from owing $1000 to getting a $2000 refund. Big change in the wrong direction for adding $400 to income.

Software did update today, but the only things I noticed for the update were state forms. But I didn't look at the list very closely.

(This is also on the 8606 thread.)