ATX Community

CA. Practitioners.

Lucho

Is CA FTB taking long to accept transmitted returns? I send my first one last night (Friday. Federal showed accepted Saturday morning; CA is still in the "Validated by EFC" status and is almost Sunday morning. What does EFC stand for?

Thank you.

Lucho,

I transmitted two returns Tuesday and one Friday and none has come back acknowledged. I called support on Friday and after about an hour I was finally informed that they had not yet been sent, but were in the process of being sent. I intend to follow up on Monday so I will keep you posted. I think something major wrong is happening and hopefully I will get to talk to someone who knows more about whats going on than the person I talked to on Friday.

As to what EFC stands for I think it stands for Electronic File Center. It's where I files go until they are forwarded to the agency. Last year it showed validated by ATX. So it's basically the same thing just a different name.

Deb!

The logic for holding state forms until the fed is accepted is that if there is a problem with the fed return, and the state has already been sent, you can end up with a situation where the fed has to be changed, but the state has already been accepted. By waiting that extra time, usually only a day, you avoid that problem.

The logic for holding state forms until the fed is accepted is that if there is a problem with the fed return, and the state has already been sent, you can end up with a situation where the fed has to be changed, but the state has already been accepted. By waiting that extra time, usually only a day, you avoid that problem.

Very good point KC. However after federal has already being accepted why state would take so long to give us its acknowlegment.

I realized that you do not mind if we call you KC. Please let me know; otherwise I will use your whole name.

Thank you.

Same here KC.

I always hold my state returns until my federal acknowledgements come back for exactly that reason, however I had my federal acknowledgements back within two hours of transmitting. I then waited until the CA became availabe but that was Tuesday and still haven't received any acknowledgements.

Hopefully sometime today.

Deb!

Well, at least now I know why. But is it CA not allowing all returns, or just ATX? If its all returns, then why be pissed off? Or don't get pissed off until you know its not CA to be pissed off at!

Actually I found out from a trusted source later today that there is a communication problem between FTB's computer and ATX's and that they are currently working to get it resolved. Had I been told this in the first place I would not have been so upset, but what upset me was how long it took to find out the real issue. I was told specifically by two different support people that they were ready, but FTB wasn't accepting them yet. I researched FTB's site and they have been accepting live returns since January 2.

In the past we have had communication problems early on with FTB and I have had some returns stuck for several days, but I could always get an answer as to what was taking place, my gripe is that people who should know what's going on don't have a clue!

Deb!

The only thing I can say, Deb, is that I suspect that it's not so much a deliberate attempt to mislead as simply that those TaxWise techs have no idea what the answer is....... Not that that is any consolation.

Your absolutely right KC. That's the point. If they are not adequately informed by people who do know then why have them anyway?

I suspected from the start that their was probably a communication problem between the computers I even told the one on Friday that I suspected that, but she too took the stand that FTB wouldn't accept them. Had she been better informed I would not have waisted another call on trying to figure it out. I now have an answer I can give to my clients, however if I had simply repeated what they had told me earlier, that FTB wasn't accepting them and my client spoke to someone else who already had their state refund I'm the one left looking with egg on my face. I don't believe anything that has happened this year with support is intentional on the part of the support employees, I feel it's in upper management. But again my question would be: WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING?????

Deb!