ATX Community

Invoice problem

txyank

My invoice seems to disappear! I have asked for assistance from support but no one answers.

This has only begun to happen with my last two returns. They are both quite large but nothing else has disappeared. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for any assistance

Sunday

Recently I have had entire returns fail to appear in view mode or in input mode, it just shows bank white space. They have been large returns. After exiting the program, clearing out my temp files and cache and rebooting they are back to working again.

I have a fairly new PC with a high end CPU, enough RAM and a high end video card. This seems to happen after several hours of opening, working on and closing many returns and having several past years tax programs open including several browser tabs, pdf files, microsoft outlook and media player running. Never happened before but it seems that the program needs a clean boot to begin operating properly again.

This thread is beginning to scare the mess out of me. I posted some problems like this last year only to discover there were no ways to get the returns back and I had to go to my clients and get their copies to duplicate the original return. Bunch of crap to say the least. I hope this is not something like that. I haven't experienced any of this for 2011. I too changed computers and hope all remains well. Good Luck!!

Yesterday I had the blank page problem when attempting to access "view mode" on a locked 2010 return. The issue can be fixed by unlocking the return but I dont want to do that because I assume that any updates to the software that occurred after the return was filed and locked would then be applied to the return if it were unlocked and possibly change the results of the returns. The one thing I hate about TRX/Taxworks is that there is no undo feature and any changes you make are saved. I really wonder why they have a save feature since it does it anyway.

I spoke to a TRX tech who told me that once the return is finished, new updates to the software will not chage the return even if it is unlocked. This doesnt seem logical to me. Then why is there a lock feature?

Opinions/comments are appreciated. Thanks

Perhaps marking the return complete will keep the updates from applying?? Don't know but that would be nice. I use the lock feature to make sure I don't accidentally make changes to a completed return.

I would really love an undo feature or to have the "esc" key work. Too many times I've started typing only to find I'm in the wrong box. Then I have to figure out what was supposed to be there before. Grr.

I too lock returns after I am done but before the client picks up / files. Then it locks after marking it completed. I didnt think about the "completed" status affecting the return. Maybe you are right. But they didnt mention it. I always open the prior years return when working on the current year and would prefer to keep them locked. The other option is to copy the retun to another folder and unlock the copy to view it. But I still worry that an update has changed something.