ATX Community

Strange Suspicion

Mike D

I don’t want to appear paranoid, however I am beginning to believe that TRX is deliberately sabotaging Red Gear now that they have their home grown product available?

In addition I have personally reached out to Ryan Toone for support and since his last appearance he has not been very responsive.

This leads me to believe that I may be looking for an alternate software package for next year.

If any of you have been using TRX home grown products would you be good enough to give us your feedback as that may just be my alternative?

I will continue to reach out to Ryan and wish all a happy and prosperous tax season.

Mike Dubin CPA

I was getting paranoid too. I was having trouble getting tech help with a problem with the software. I was able to contact Sales and together we finally got Tech support to respond. They did a remote REPAIR and all is well now. I also asked about software for next year and they assured me the program will NOT change. At least not next year. Whatever change they had planned did not work out. I hope I can rely on that,since I plan on retiring soon and do not want to mess with a new program.

It has bothered me all tax season long that the TRX toll free tech support number in the TRXPro software located at >HELP>ABOUT was changed soon after the beginning of the 2011 filing season to a toll number. To get the NEW toll free tech support number I had to call the toll free number in the 2010 TRXPro software and a recording provides the new toll free number.

Nowhere in the 2011 TRXPro software can you find the new toll free tech support number of 1-855-880-1040.

The number provided in the software (where the old toll free number used to be) is 615-494-1221. I have never tried it and I dont know if it works.

While I lave unlimited long distance calling this just bothered me and seems suspicious and sneaky.

Well its good to see they have the toll free number on their website. I just like being able to get the tech number from within the software without having to go to a website. They changed from the toll free to the toll in January I believe, so they should be able to change it again to the new toll free number in the software.

Wow, you can tell that this filing season is beginning to get to me when I whine about a telephone number. Sorry everybody.

I had a major problem a couple weeks ago that required TRX to forward my issue to a software engineer at Red Gear. (It took them a day and half to sort it out--not what I need right in the heart of tax season. Turns out the issue was actually in the 2010 program but it was carried to 2011 when I imported last year's data.).

When I was talking with one of their sales folks last week about upgrading she admitted that there had been an inordinate number of problems this year and that they were working with Red Gear to iron them out. She also acknowledged that TRX's proprietary product was rushed out before it was really ready. She assured me they were pouring a lot of money and resources into making sure it was 100% ready to go for next year!

I signed up for next year but if there are not major improvements it will likely be my last.