ATX Community

TRX Closed ?????

Terry D EA

Again as the earlier post regarding this subject, it is a bunch of crap that TRX has chosen to close down their offices to regular business hours before the end of the tax season. Now I understand payroll hours, expenses and all that comes with running a business but offering sub level customer service will kill that business. How many of you are seriously considering dumping TRX? I have a problem that is preventing a return from being transmitted that is clearly a software issue that appeared Saturday while working with a client, I couldn't and still can't get it resolved becase TRX is closed. My returning to TRX is most unlikely at this time. :angry:

I also just was talking to TRX it just dawned on me that their number had changed at the beginning of this year.

Will with TRX ask me to let people know about the number and also Will ask me to tell everyone that is

having any problelms to please call him at the number Mike has above and ask for EXT 3451.

Joane

Thanks for the personal extension. It's nice to know a specific person to contact.

Does Will work in sales, tech support or any area where he is needed?

I'll probably stay with TRX. I haven't had any serious issues with them. And my practice is just so small, I'm not willing to pay any more for my software.

I talked to Will in Sales today but I had mention to him about several people

where kinda upset seeing they could not get in touch with TRX and some

where even thinking about not using them next year. (No names given out)

That is when he ask me to have whoever had problems to leave his name

and EXT. So I guess he helps where ever. I have already signed up

for next year --- I also have not had any trouble with TRX - In fact they

have been real helpful.

Joane

I talked to Will in Sales today but I had mention to him about several people

where kinda upset seeing they could not get in touch with TRX and some

where even thinking about not using them next year. (No names given out)

That is when he ask me to have whoever had problems to leave his name

and EXT. So I guess he helps where ever. I have already signed up

for next year --- I also have not had any trouble with TRX - In fact they

have been real helpful.

Joane

My only complaint (and it's fairly minor) is their calling to get me to renew this time of year. I finally answered their call and asked them to call back after the 17th. It seems to have worked - no calls the last few days.

My caller ID (through MagicJack) doesn't always show the "name" - it depends on if it's in the database they use. So when no name, it will usually just put the city, state. TRX shows up on my caller ID as "Cambodia!"

You guys are right on the phone number. I do stand corrected. My problems have been resolved and quite amicably I must say. However, my concern is with TRX not being available after normal business hours. Many of us, and probably more than TRX knows, work many many hours past closing time. Sometimes, waiting until the next day can be a problem. I still have reservations about renewal but will re-evaluate my decisions after the 17th.

Agree with the time issue. I set up my practice to work afternoons & evenings so I can help people after they get off work. And I'm not a morning person. Fortunately I haven't had to call much this year so it hasn't been too inconvenient. But I would prefer if they had more later hours. Their website says they are there until 9:00 PM (Central) Monday - Thursday. But later hours on Friday & WEEKEND hours would be very useful.

Im like you Kea. I have hours from 8-8 M-F and 12-5 on Sat & Sun but many days Im working until 10pm. Thankfully I havent had any issues that couldnt wait until TRX tech support hours. But as the practice grows I can see it being a problem.

I don't really have set hours, but I try not to work much before 1:00 or 2:00PM. Some nights I'm working until 1 or 2 AM (rarely I crash around 10 or 11 PM). My business is moving to more and more faxes & e-mails - and I am starting to prefer that. Not having to stop on one return so I can be ready when an appointment comes - maybe early / maybe late.

Now if I could just convice them not to CALL me at 8:00 in the morning - I don't like telephone alarm clocks.

I have a small practice and am not nearly as busy as most of y'all (and I don't want to be). But it is still amazing that I'll get 1/2 my clients in the last 3 weeks and the final 1/3 in the last week. I just start getting really grumpy this part of the season.

(OK, I guess I'm done ranting for a while.)

Good luck to all getting through the end of another crazy season.

The time frame you mention is probably true for alot of us. I am like you and Crank, mostly have afternoon, evening & weekend hours. I do like the drop-offs, faxes and e-mails as well. Stopping in the middle of something is a pain. Even though I use notes, and my secretary will tell a client that I will be with them in a few minutes allowing me time to clear the desk, I still don't like to break the flow of my concentration.