ATX Community

TRX 2012

It appears most of you guys are looking forward to our own tax software as a TRX Member. We filed 30,000 plus returns through TaxExact this year without any major hicups and our file center never missed a beat, so it was better than a successful first production season. We are now updating to the new calculations for this coming filing season, and along with the new calc. changes we are creating easier ways of depreciating assets and making sure as much information carries from worksheets to schedules as can to prevent dual and sometimes triple entry of the data by the tax preparer. I recently sent a email to all our TRX Members asking what you like this year and what we needed to make improvments on and I have received very good response. I would like to reach out to you guys to form an advisory group to help me make the software what you want it to be. If you are interested in this please contact me by email at [email protected] so I can get you with Jeanie our Head of our Tax Law divison.

The only thing I can say about RedGear at this time is I got an email last week stateing they are going 100% MeF next year and their whole program is changing with the look and feel so we just must wait and see.

One other thing to keep in mind it appears that people using bank products was down industry wide this year by 25% so please be aware of my competitors raising their prices dramaticaly over the next 2 years. I would not be surprised to see minimum software prices now of $995.00 as high as $3000.00 over the next 2 years. But remember we will honor our price lock as long as you have renewed each year by May 1st.

Thanks everyone for another great tax season at TRX.

Sincerely,

Doug Hughes

President / CEO

TRX Software Development, Inc.

Seems the previous post by members on this topic have been removed. I'll try to remember some of the questions.

Doug, could you please let us know why there are so many complaints about your company not paying fees owed to independent tax businesses that do business with you. Can you also specifically explain why your company sponsored a losing NASCAR team while also not paying service bureau fees that you owed to so many tax business owners that used your software. What is to say you won't continue to do that?