ATX Community

Ubuntu

cathyan

Does anyone know if the TRX program will load onto Ubuntu? I've been having SO many problems with Windows OSs and viruses lately that I am ready to give up entirely on Windows. The version of Ubuntu I have is 10.04. Pretty stable and user friendly!

• Like 1

Its nice to see another Linux fan here in the forum. I havent tried to get it to run under Ubuntu but I have tried to get it to run under "Linux Mint" which is based on Ubuntu and I didnt have much success. However, that was using Linux Mint version 9 which was released in april 2010 I believe. Linux Mint just released version 13 about a week ago and it looks and works fantastic but I havent installed it, I just ran it off of the "Live CD". If you like Ubuntu I would highly suggest you give Linux Mint a try.

http://linuxmint.com/

I dont know if you are aware of the linux program "Wine". It allows windows programs to run in a linux environment. However, it usually requires some tweaking. If TRX runs under Linux it would be with the Wine program. It should be in Ubuntu's repositories or you could install it with the PPA. Here is the link

http://www.winehq.org/

I may try to get TRX to run in Linux Mint when I find some time in a month or so. If you have success please post it here and I will do the same.

Good Luck.

I spoke to my Developers this morning and this is what they said:

Hello Doug,

In general, our software does not work on Linux because it uses features which are available in native windows OS. So Linux is not supported.

As one of comment mentioned that our software could work using “Wine” in Linux environment but from our past effort we know it did not work. We are setting up lab to test whether using Wine our software work, and incase does not what would be effort to make it work.

We will let you know as soon as we have some updates