ATX Community

LOUISIANA PREPARERS: GOVERNOR STOPS E85 CREDIT

Cathy

See the link below:

http://www.wbrz.com/news/revenue-secretary-resigns-after-tax-credit-controversy/

No wonder the Policy Division attorney wouldn't send me the letter she promised me that would state the refunds would not be recalled, etc....

Sorry if this effects some refunds, however, I didn't want my clients to receive the refund only to have to pay it back.

Cathy

snapback.pnglynnjacobs, on 17 June 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Cathy, do you know if this will also repeal the credit for hybrid vehicles, such as the Toyota Prius hybrid?

Thanks, Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I recently rented a Toyota Prius hybrid and I would think the hybrid would definitely qualify for the credit as it's not designed to run on gasoline alone. The gasoline motor kicks in just to charge up the batteries. It would be senseless to buy a Prius and then run it 100% on gasoline even if it could be done. The Toyota Prius at one time qualified for the Federal credit and I believe it is this type of vehicle, as well as plug-in electric and vehicles such as trucks converted to run on propane and/or natural gas that qualifies for the State credit.

The pickup in the Prius is awesome! Without hearing the roaring of a motor running, I found myself going over 100 mph on several occasions! Only flaw with a Prius is that it's very uncomfortable for someone with a bad back. We had to trade the Prius in for an Equinox after we had it for two days. If I remember correctly, we used 10 gallons of gas and that was from Las Vegas to Carson City, Reno, then Lake Tahoe and back (over 1200 miles).