ATX Community

2013 unified credit any opinions???

KEYWEST_RICKS

The credit is to reduce to $1,000,000 in 2013. does anyone want to share an "opinion" on what the number will actually be and when we will know for sure?

Will congress act and keep it at $5,000,000?

will there be no action and it will actually drop 80%?

Will congress act and compromise at somewhere in the middle (like the previous 3,000,000)?

i would bet that nothing happens before the election but do you think something will happend before the end of the year?

thanks

for you input

jeff

>>Lame duck, last minute politics is the name of the game for several years now.<<

More like brinksmanship. Except as campaign rhetoric, nobody cares that millionaires might have to pay tax on inherited wealth unless the family takes advantage of normal estate planning options. Next January 2nd defense and intelligence face a 10% budget cut, an intentionally disastrous law that was supposed to force the supercommittee to compromise. Have you heard either candidate address that?

I agree that nothing will be done before the election and as you said, they dont have the spine to do it before then.

as Jainen pointed out..... we know for sure what the number is for 2013 as of 8/20/2012.

but i think we are in for a bumpy ride that will include delayed efiling etc due to last minute changes.

Do you really believe that on....... say.....4/15/2013 that the number for 2013 will actually stay at 1million?