ATX Community

ATX payroll separate from tax software

Maribeth

So I understand that ATX has spun off the payroll software so that it can charge for this next year. I have gotten over my displeasure with this and I may or I may not renew the payroll part next year. All depends on how much ATX wants for the service.

Having said that -- I am truly liking having the payroll service separate from the tax service. I have not had to customize/adjust/deal with error codes/pull my hair out/cry & scream with the tax service because all we are doing right now is payroll related & year end accounting.

How great is that??!! When I finally do have to customize/adjust/deal with error codes in the tax service, it will be towards February and all of those issues should be already resolved! <<maybe wishful thinking>>

Maribeth

Can you provide any more details? Are you saying that Forms 941, W2, etc are not available unless a separate module is purchased? Depending on features spun off and how the pricing plays out, this just could be the move that prompts me to switch to Drake.

No, there are all the forms in there, just two programs. ATX swears it is just because they did not get the payroll part done on time (I say Liar Liar, pants on fire!). What do I know. Maybe they did run out of time and just threw together a very simple payroll program and will integrate next year into the tax program. It is speculated by those who have watched CCH operate that next year, payroll forms will be charged separately.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 1