ATX Community

ATX Reseller

Lee B

Why do business with a reseller when you have the opportunity to deal directly with the software provider? Even dealing directly has its limitations so there's no reason to place a firewall between yourself and them. I think the small savings is an example of being penny-wise and pound folish.

• Like 1

I called them and they are selling the full Taxwise package for $799 plus they also have all the

extra modules i.e. Paperless Plus, Client Accounting Suite etc. They claim to have been

selling Taxwise for the last 7 years, plus they have the software available for all years back to 2001.

I called them and they are selling the full Taxwise package for $799 plus they also have all the

extra modules i.e. Paperless Plus, Client Accounting Suite etc. They claim to have been

selling Taxwise for the last 7 years, plus they have the software available for all years back to 2001.

I recall getting an e-mail from another reseller called Surefire tax and they were $100 less! I guess it is a crap shoot with resellers!

Also please note while both Taxwise and ATX are owned by CCH, they are NOT the same software. I have used both and there is a ton of difference. In my opinion Taxwise has less features than ATX but easier to use, especially part time help who can key in all the data and t it up for you to process. ATX is a bit cumbersome compared to Taxwise for less experienced folks.

As you can tell Taxwise is less expensive than ATX. You get what you pay! This year may be an exception with all the problems ATX is experiencing!