ATX Community

Adding Custom Forms

Terry D EA

While in a return click on 'Form CustomLetter' at the bottom of the forms tree. Click on 'Print Custom Letter' under the additional text, then select which one you want from the drop down box. From there you can print preview, which brings up a .pdf of the letter.

I have this part figured out. What I cannot do is adjust line spacing or font sizes. I sure hope that is fixed soon or my letters will look really nasty. If anyone is able to do this please let me know how.

Nellie

This is not the best way to do it but works to some extent by many trials. Use Word to open up that custom letter. You will find that in the default directory under Data/Customletter. Do the changes then save it as a WEB file or HTML document. This is very important otherwise you will not see it in the program.

Word is much more flexible to format the data than the editor in the program. I have not finished doing my customletter as I have bigger fish to fry as you can tell by my posts!

Thanks Nellie for the information. I did get the custom letter to work but the spacing and centering is an issue. I have not tried what Taxed said but will give it a go. In my opinion, this should be an easy step. TaxWorks also had the CPA-Preparer, privacy letter as a default. This would be a nice addition to the product.

• 2 weeks later...