ATX Community

TRX Refunds

Taxpreparer007

Hi, Terry D, you must be lucky and only one here answered by Doug.

Doug never answered my email. I put my CID # in the email. You should ask all these people here, Whether Doug responded their emails yet?

Okay, the TRX software is a working software. I have already completed one individual 1040 return without the State. The fact that my State forms are not ready, doesn't fall on TRX. The fact that multiple congressional changes took place January 2 that has caused IRS delays and numerous problems with each and every software company in their attempt to have their program's up and running by the time filing season begins is not the fault of TRX. There have been several posts on the general board about other software companies and their issues as well. I have seen this happen in the past and if certain forms aren't ready that the IRS has released, no one and no software company can process those forms and the IRS doesn't make exceptions to HRB and JH to take care of them first regardless of what they advertise.

If you want a refund, call TRX or e-mail Doug to start the process. All the negativity on this board doesn't help anyone. Yes, Doug does answer his e-mails. He didn't even know who I was or that I existed until two weeks ago. I sent him an e-mail regarding installation problems with 2011 after a windows re-install. Doug did go out of his way to ensure that I was taken care of and even had one of his best tech's call me to get me up and running with every issue that I had at the time. Like the rest of you, I am waiting on the next update and do I expect the program to be 100% and the best thing since mom's apple pie??? No I don't. What I do expect is when a problem is discovered that it is addressed and fixed which I am sure it will be.

Just stop and think about it. If you were having a computer problem in your office that caused processing returns to go haywire, would you want your clients burning you at the stake for it or would you want them to be understanding and have some patience? Better yet, what if you had a client who you made a mistake and you did everything you could to right the wrong, went on a public discussion board and burned you, turned you in to the BBB, and told everyone they meet what kind of a non-working, inexperienced, no good @$%^^ you were and that you couldn't process anything if your life depended on it and just goes on and on. We have all had these kind of clients so now, put yourself in Doug's shoes. I like quite a few of us received a different software than what I pre-paid for last year. Am I happy about that? No, Am I concerned about this season? Yes. But I believe patience is of some virtue and am keeping a positive attitude. Enough is enough already.

<<<<<<you must be lucky and only one here answered by Doug.>>>>>>> NO, I'm not the lucky one but I am one of the ones who has chosen to try be as patient, respectful and understanding as I can. There have been several comments of folks receiving responses to their e-mails as well. One thing I have noticed is those folks who have received a response were not the ones on the band wagon to drive Doug and TRX into the ground. How many of your customers treat you and talk to you the way you have talked to and about Doug. Maybe you would feel just fine with one of your customers suggesting that everyone post everything they could about how horrible you were on the web. If you or a few others here were my client and asking for a refund in the manner that you have with threatening remarks and such, I wouldn't jump through hoops to give you a refund as fast as possible either. My customers who treat me fairly will get my attention first. There are problems right now and they are being addressed. You claim the software doesn't work when indeed it does. Maybe not to your desire but it does work and I feel confident it will be fine in the long run.

<<<<<<you must be lucky and only one here answered by Doug.>>>>>>> NO, I'm not the lucky one but I am one of the ones who has chosen to try be as patient, respectful and understanding as I can. There have been several comments of folks receiving responses to their e-mails as well. One thing I have noticed is those folks who have received a response were not the ones on the band wagon to drive Doug and TRX into the ground. How many of your customers treat you and talk to you the way you have talked to and about Doug. Maybe you would feel just fine with one of your customers suggesting that everyone post everything they could about how horrible you were on the web. If you or a few others here were my client and asking for a refund in the manner that you have with threatening remarks and such, I wouldn't jump through hoops to give you a refund as fast as possible either. My customers who treat me fairly will get my attention first. There are problems right now and they are being addressed. You claim the software doesn't work when indeed it does. Maybe not to your desire but it does work and I feel confident it will be fine in the long run.

I'd like to mention a few things about this post.

1. It is NOT possible for me to complete a return because a) my state software is not available for either the 1040 side or the corporate side and B) corporate returns for feds aren't really possible. Try generating K-1s for a 1065. That is not about a desired level of proficiency. That's not working software.

2. Doug isn't jumping through hoops to deliver refunds. There are NO refunds. He refuses because he said over a month ago this met his legal requirement to deliver tax software. How's that for treating your customers like dirt? Are you under the impression that if we sit quietly and shower Doug with respect that he'll change his mind?

3. Most of the work being done now is stuff that should have been done last June. Doug said they did over 50,000 test returns and it did great. Do you believe this software did 50,000 test returns and it did great since it took until last week before I could print ANYTHING? Numbers aren't moving from one form to the next properly. I think in late December, Doug knew this software was junk, lied to cover his rear and shifted the blame to everyone else.

4. I promised clients I would deliver my services in a timely manner. Maybe you've done the same thing. If I counted on Tax Exact, I would have been fired already.

5. Do you have employees Terry that depend on their paychecks being delivered in a timely manner? This is my job. This is how I earn a living. Tax season doesn't start in 2 weeks. It started January 1st. Maybe my mortgage company will understand that being 4 weeks late isn't a big deal if I tell them Doug is working really hard. Meh, it's just money.

Working Software in the longterm is not tax software. We need professional tax software on time. My business return tax season started two weeks ago.

TRX bait switched me with the Software. I prepaid TRX Software with the promise Taxworks and received beta untested software.

No refund and no reply from Doug or TRX on my request!

Terry D. Are you sure you are an independent tax preparer, not related to this TRX? Let's see tomorrow. Your individual and business clients must be very kind to you.

Up to now, the business tax returns still not working. All state of personal and business are not working either. Even though the 1040 still has so many bugs.

You won't be so sure patient tomorrow.

<<<<It is NOT possible for me to complete a return because a) my state software is not available for either the 1040 side or the corporate side and corporate returns for feds aren't really possible. Try generating K-1s for a 1065. That is not about a desired level of proficiency. That's not working software.>>>>>>>

Alot of the States, especially here in NC, have not approved or released forms yet. NC has done this many times in the past when I used ATX, TaxWorks and now TRX so I don't view this as a TRX problem. I have and am still working on a 1065 with three K-1 forms, depreciable assets with dispositions among other things and I have not really had an issue with anything on the Federal side yet. While my situation in NC is different as they do not require partnership return, but we do submit a blank form, your's is probably different and for that I sympathize.

The other items you mention I cannot comment on. Here is what I know. At this time, Doug has communicated very well with me and I haven't asked for anything that I could judge as to whether it was a false promise. I have looked at the problems other companies are having and at this late date do not want to deal with conversion problems, learning curves;etc. At the end of season I may have a different attitude. I got a different software than I ordered as well but from what I hear it may not have been a terribly bad outcome. I guess I am just tired of people bashing without taking the time to consider what is happening in the background. Doug's team is working around the clock to solve these problems. Yes we all have paid for and deserve a functional product in a timely manner. Timliness is not on our side at all this season.

At the end of season I may have a different attitude. I got a different software than I ordered as well but from what I hear it may not have been a terribly bad outcome. I guess I am just tired of people bashing without taking the time to consider what is happening in the background. Doug's team is working around the clock to solve these problems. Yes we all have paid for and deserve a functional product in a timely manner. Timliness is not on our side at all this season.

I don't care what's happening in the background at TRX. I care about what's happening in my office. My responsibility is to my clients and my employees. Was Doug unaware when tax season would begin?

My state is accepting tax returns and corporate tax returns. TRX is not prepared so that would be impossible with their software.

As of right now, TRX has pro-actively provided me with ZERO communication about their software, TaxExact or their company. ZERO. Not one phone call explaining the problems or why I received this software, not an email, not a letter letting me know what is happening. Someone who claims to be Doug on an internet site not affiliated with his company (completely unverified) has made proclamations but those stopped a long time ago. Doug hasn't informed me they are working 24x7 to solve their problems - you've said that.

Roberts, as you mentioned TRX's communication to its clients who paid in advance for a professional software is zero. But I must say that Doug is very luck to have Terry D batting for him. I think Terry D should be awarded a life time supply of TRX software by Doug don't you think so?

Roberts, I totally understand your frustration and your need is definitely different than mine. Yes, I have said that Doug and his team have been workingg 24/7. That comes from the time stamps on his e-mails at 3 AM and more than once. I realize that what is happening behind the scenes isn't as important as what is happening in the here and now. I am not defending anything other than what I know. I just want to give the guy a chance. I am as nervous and concerned as the rest and maybe spend a little more time testing double checking what I am doing. In your situation, I would agree that this is not working for you. I don't know why the States are not available and you are not the only one who has stated their State is accepting returns. You have to admit that some of the difficulties here are related to understanding how the software works while in our opinions others are inexcusable. I personally can't afford to drop another 1200+ dollars on another program and if I decide to discontinue using TRX, I want to do it respectfully. Many many people fromn other companies view all of these blogs/discussion boards and I think our integrity speakls for something. JMHO