ATX Community

Taxwise

Larry

Has anybody heard how their software is this year? Is it ready to go with the federal and all the states?

Larry your timing for this question is perfect! As you can tell from these posts I am a very unhappy TRX customer because TRX 2012 did not live up to my expectations and jeopardized my business because it is not ready today as a professional tax software. Today Sat. is my first day of this season!!!

Just finished 2 returns (both 1040 SchA and one has EIC) using Taxwise Power package. I have used Taxwise before so the learning curve was relatively flat for me.

It printed out professional quality returns (Federal and state) and tonight after all my appointments I will get it ready for e-file as soon as I get the update on Monday morning to fix a Efile reject error for my state.

I have explained to the client how e-file is going to work this year (all that 30th issue). They were fine and what I have accomplished today is making sure these two clients DID NOT walk into the HRB office which is only 2 miles from my office!

They have most of the states that have already approved live. I am not sure which states you file but go to their website and you can see all the states that are live. They have a e-mail notification system and I get an e-mail and txt msg. as soon as any updates are posted for me to download. Nice feature.

BTW I checked early this morning if TRX was live for my state, and sadly they are NOT. My state was one of the very first states that went live!

It's also being resold by Utimate Tax Solutions ( www.etaxplace.com ) .

I talked to a sales rep who said they have reselling Taxwise for 7 years now.

They are selling an unlimited efile 1040 package for $599.

You can add the business entity package for an extra $200.

Folks, when dealing with a reseller you have to consider the fact that they may be dropped from reselling at a moments notice by the company publishing the actual software. Why do you think TRX is not selling Taxworks that we got used to for the last few years. So you are taking your chances when you pay in advance!!! Do you want to face the same situation again?

Also please do your due diligence very carefully and ask a lot of questions. Most of these resellers for the price they are quoting now (600 to 750) do NOT include the Intelliconnect CCH Masters Tax Guides (on line tax research). So without that all you are left is the IRS pubs and your user guide within the program.

You can go to the Taxwise site and do a demo of the Intelliconnect. It is really cool for doing tax research. You will not need Taxbooks or other paper books that you normally use to do research on tax issues. This is comparable to the Checkpoint from Thompson publishing.