ATX Community

Bugs

txyank

I still have a problem with my SS# being displayed in preparer info...not sure if that will display on printed form.

Also Preparer ID will not display the entire #...It was working fine until last update.

Thanks and Support has been very helpful in my endeavor to master this software..getting better!

Sunday

Mine too. Where are the rest of you putting your PTIN. I am putting mine in the TIN box. Should it be in the Soc# box. A stupid question I know but I never really paid that much attention to TaxWorks cause when you setup the preparer information it asked you for you PTIN and entered it on the form. My laziness I guess.

A few other things I've found so far. Maybe something I'm doing wrong? I'll get y'all's input here. I'll also keep testing and adding to my list. Then I'll send these to Doug tomorrow or Monday.

Sch B Interest

There are 1099Int that have only tax exempt interest - say from bonds. It shows the first interest column as a red requied field. Sometimes it's $0.

Sch B Div

missing box for foreign tax paid

I would like to see qualified div next to total div for easier data entry

Sch A

Now that we have a sales tax worksheet (down at the bottom of Sch A - took me a while to find it), I'm not sure how it works.

Line 6 is for "state rate" which shows the (correct) calculation for the state sales tax $ amount (not a % rate)

Line 7 if for "local rate" and is blue for user input - but what goes here?

2nd line of Line 7 shows "local sales tax amt" and is yellow for a calculated field. No matter what I put in the "local rate" box, the amt does not calculate. I can overwrite the "local sales tax amt" line and the rest of the calculation is correct. HOWEVER, if a change is made anywhere else in the return the overwritten field will need to be updated.

And if the Rate lines are ever corrected, will we enter 2% as 2 or .02 or something completely different?

Vehicle depreciation -

I'm getting the same double depreciation + mileage rate mentioned earlier. I also tested adding parking, tolls and interest. Parking and tolls seemed to be OK. Not so much for the interest. It calculates on the worksheet OK, but carries some bogus amount to the interest line on Sch C. In the example I tried, I ended up with $155 in business interest. The amount on Sch C was $155,000! After trying to clear some things out, I ended up with $300,000 on this line - even after I deleted the vehicle depreciation worksheet.

Sch D & 8949

I wasn't sure what to do if I had multiple transactions and they weren't all the same code (a / b / c - basis reported or not). If you click A - then all sales get reported as A. So I added an 8949. I put one transaction on the first 8949 and chose A and put it in short term. On the 2nd 8949 I chose B and short term and entered one transaction. Result - I got 2 8949s - one for A and one for B. BUT they both had both transactions listed. The total at the bottom of the form was correct and only included the one that was supposed to be on that form. So Sch D was showing the correct amounts.

Various and Inherited did work. But it does use the short / long term based on where you enter it. So when I put inherited under short term the program carried it to short term.

I would like to see them put a net gain / loss field on each line. I use that to check for typos as I enter.

Kea only one of your items can I address and that is with the Schedule A. One of tech's at TRX called me Saturday, we connected on a screen share and I showed him exactly what was happening on the Schedule A. These are known problems that he said he would immediately take it to the developers and we should be seeing a fix in one of the updates hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks for letting me know that the SS# for the preparer doesn't show on the 1040. I have my PTIN in the TIN field but did not enter anything is the Preparer SS field for abivious reasons. Here is what I do know that if a value is not in the preparer SS# box then the return won't transmit because the Error check flags it and says it needs corrected. I am going to experiement with my dummy return with this a bit more.