ATX Community

New 1120S Issues

Crank

I began working on a new 1120S (the old are not available for proforma nor are states available) and I noticed the following issues:

Pg1 - PTIN not showing on previewed pdf

Pg2 - Line 8 (Total Receipts/Asstes <$250,000) selection not showing on previewed pdf

Pg2-4 - Co name and EIN not showing on top of forms on previewed pdf.

Also this is an 1120S with no income so I havent checked other line items.

Makes me very uneasy due to the limited filing time of business entities and no proforma or states.

The corporate side is why I jumped ship from TRX so early. I realize people are hoping the 1040 side will EVENTUALLY be working but that's only a portion of what we purchased. I have an 1120S client that leaves on vacation Thursday and wants his 1120S delivered tomorrow at the latest so we can have Wednesday to fix anything and he can deliver the K-1s. I had to begin working on it January 20th. I charge a premium fee from him because I allot him special attention. With TRX that's impossible.

The idea you can deliver software in February and consider it "good enough" is insulting. The idea that nobody should complain because they are trying (let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya) - equally as insulting. This is business. This is my livelihood. I paid for software that simply wasn't delivered. This isn't because Congress was late, it's because the software DOESN'T WORK. They knew it didn't work in December and claimed it was good enough to meet their requirements of delivering something they called tax software.