ATX Community

TRX Cancellation Policy

Terry D EA

Friends, please please be very careful inputing your client's personal and tax data into an online software that claims to be free and you have never heard about it. You are putting your client's privacy at great risk! Any identity thief can put up a website claiming to be fee tax software and capture a mother load of data that is very hard to get otherwise!

No one does anything for fee! Would you do tax returns for free for anyone who knocks at your door!

BTW TRX has still NOT made the states (most of them) operational. I think they have washed their hands off this software for this year. May be they are getting ready to hightail out of town!

Friends, please please be very careful inputing your client's personal and tax data into an online software that claims to be free and you have never heard about it. You are putting your client's privacy at great risk! Any identity thief can put up a website claiming to be fee tax software and capture a mother load of data that is very hard to get otherwise!

No one does anything for fee! Would you do tax returns for free for anyone who knocks at your door!

BTW TRX has still NOT made the states (most of them) operational. I think they have washed their hands off this software for this year. May be they are getting ready to hightail out of town!

I beta tested OneDesk and received it free last year. Not sure what is fishy about it. I currently have the full version and did not pay anything for it. They didn't ask me for a credit card or anything. I just called their customer service and a rep advised me that they give all first year clients the opportunity to try it free before they convert from their old software--which seems like a great marketing tool since I don't feel comfortable paying for a product I haven't used before. They gave me complimentary training and customer service has been great so far. I also sent through a few returns and it works just as great and it is easy to use. I urge you to try it if you cannot afford to pay for another software like in my case.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by Zach over there, who is a helpful guy, that the refund request was forwarded on to their customer service department. This was 9 days ago, and I haven't heard a thing from customer service giving me a "Yay" or "Nay". I had to switch products also, as the product was absolutely horrible, there were bugs galore, no states that I was using were available as of 2/2/2013, and I needed to protect my Firm and my clients by making the switch to ATX.

If they contest giving out refunds to those of us who ask because of the above misrepresentations and mismanagement, I am 99% confident that we have a valid class-action claim against TRX. Those of us who may have lost business because of the delay (my friend who also uses TRX said he lost $1,000 of business because they weren't e-filing the day the feds opened) would be eligible for recovery, and others of us who felt defrauded as a result of TRX representations also should have a valid action, myself being one of them.

Thoughts?

I was told by Zach over there, who is a helpful guy, that the refund request was forwarded on to their customer service department. This was 9 days ago, and I haven't heard a thing from customer service giving me a "Yay" or "Nay". I had to switch products also, as the product was absolutely horrible, there were bugs galore, no states that I was using were available as of 2/2/2013, and I needed to protect my Firm and my clients by making the switch to ATX.

If they contest giving out refunds to those of us who ask because of the above misrepresentations and mismanagement, I am 99% confident that we have a valid class-action claim against TRX. Those of us who may have lost business because of the delay (my friend who also uses TRX said he lost $1,000 of business because they weren't e-filing the day the feds opened) would be eligible for recovery, and others of us who felt defrauded as a result of TRX representations also should have a valid action, myself being one of them.

Thoughts?

If you made the purchase using a credit card file a dispute ASAP. It maybe the fastest and easiest recourse for the purchase price. A suit will possibly allow for damages due to loss of business ... if they arent out of business that is. File complaints with the FTC, the AG in your area, and possibly the Tenn. AG. Wait and see if we can get some sort of group suit together. Make notes of all relevant information including timeline and communications including on this forum.