ATX Community

Can't Even do a simple return.

CathysTaxes

I'm trying to do a return for my special needs adult daughter, whom I claim on my tax return. I can't even get the EIC stuff done!

Question 16 is not done and it won't let me click or override it to indicate yes or no. It's showing two error rejection codes, but I can't find any other question (besides Q 16) that isn't answered.

Question 7 - daughter is my qualifying child, but it marked it NO. In the Client Info form it is marked that she is disabled and being claimed by someone else as a dependent.

Cathy I know it is frustrating and if you are like me once all of the problems are "supposed" to be fixed, I still couldn't trust it. So I moved on. The frustration and lack of sleep isn't worth it.

I agree Terry. I just did a test return using Intuit Online for my daughter, took a few minutes. Though I'd try TRX. Another waste of time.

MainStreet Tax phone lines are all busy. Probably TRX members trying to save their practice.

Just ckecked email and got an email from TRX about 2 hours ago.

TRX Update
Inbox
No Reply [email protected] via comcast.net
11:59 AM (2 hours ago)
to sepccs

Just a reminder the IRS has not release the following forms. Please check www.irs.gov for the latest news.
1. 4562 Depreciation
2. 8863 Tuition

File Center Errors: If you are getting an error from the e-file center please make sure you are on release .20 this release has updated known e-file issues and will allow most previous rejected returns to be completed. Once you have upgraded to release 20 you will need to generate new MEF e-file for each return and send the returns back to the IRS.

Sending Returns to the filing center issues: If you are getting an error when trying to send a return to the filing center please go to utilities on the top bar and select registration details and verify registration information. Once that is complete and successful close the program and reopen the program and at that point you will be able to send those returns to the filing center.