ATX Community

FILING CONSUMER COMPLAINTS WITH TENNESSEE AG

Mike D

What type of recourse is anyone seeking from the TN Attorney General's office? Refund? Buisiness closure?

Hmmm....no refund expectations (that's with the CC).....maybe just putting them out of business.

Doug Hughes is a thief. By 1/30/13 he should have said..."Sorry...it's just not gonna happen this year", and issued refunds. Lots of people lost lots of money and lots of business thanks to him.

Personally...I have a temp credit with the CC company which I cannot imagine Doug trying to reverse.

I've phased out on lots of people and lost revenue....but to be honest, this was a personal choice. On the date I switched to Tax Act, with all the re-entering of data and not having a 1040-NR on the program....I decided to phase out by not taking new clients with "complex returns", raising the price for non-resident aliens (since I had to do these manually) that were already clients, and not accepting any new non-resident aliens.

Gotta say...after the first chaotic week....this season has been the most relaxing ever. No stress...no strain....thanks to TRX! (If I were younger, hungrier or more ambitious I would not feel this way.)

I wonder if NY is up and running. And the same for 1040-NRs. I don't want to dl the updates...I'm afraid it might screw things up on my computer.

So I sent another email to TRX on top of the certified letter I sent and I just got an email back,

"Mary,

I did receive you’re your letter on 02/06/13. We appreciate your business and hate to hear that you have decided to go with another company. I can’t authorize a refund per our return policy but I can give you a credit for next tax season. See Refund Policy below.

Thanks, Karen"

This was followed by their cancellation policy