ATX Community

JUMPING SHIP

kfoleycpa

I can't wait any longer. I refuse to put up with all these gliches at such a busy time of year. I have decided to switch to Creative Solutions. They convert all your 2006 tax data for you including depreciation!

In case anyone else is interested, I spoke to Sarah Spoljarick 1-800-968-8900 ext 4895 [email protected]

She has been very helpful! I'll let you know how I'm getting along.

I actually attempted this move last year (going into the 2006 tax return filing year). I use CS for write-up and payroll and data management and thought I would move to Ultra Tax (despite my love for ATX). The issue was one of perceived efficiencies. I contracted with them in early October to do the conversion and they said it would take two weeks. I waited until the end of November and then contacted them only to be told that they really did not mean two weeks and they would not be able to convert until the new version of ATX was released. I asked when they were going to bother to communicate this delay to me and they said "oops". Well, I pulled back and now I am in the process of moving away from CS completely. It will take a couple of years to accomplish.

I post this only to make you aware. Good luck!

I actually attempted this move last year (going into the 2006 tax return filing year). I use CS for write-up and payroll and data management and thought I would move to Ultra Tax (despite my love for ATX). The issue was one of perceived efficiencies. I contracted with them in early October to do the conversion and they said it would take two weeks. I waited until the end of November and then contacted them only to be told that they really did not mean two weeks and they would not be able to convert until the new version of ATX was released. I asked when they were going to bother to communicate this delay to me and they said "oops". Well, I pulled back and now I am in the process of moving away from CS completely. It will take a couple of years to accomplish.

I post this only to make you aware. Good luck!

We've had CS Accounting, UltraTax and Depreciation Solutions for 4 years now. Hang in there with the conversion, as you will see it is worth the effort. We use it for Writeup, payroll and corp/ind taxes. They also have a billing program that we use also. We were using ATX to e-file 940/941's since it's unlimited (what a joke!). Wish I could get JUST ONE to transmit properly! And today is the 26th!!! AAAARRRG (Think I should play the lotto with all my incident #'s? I think I have a better chance at that than getting the program to work properly)

We've had CS Accounting, UltraTax and Depreciation Solutions for 4 years now. Hang in there with the conversion, as you will see it is worth the effort. We use it for Writeup, payroll and corp/ind taxes. They also have a billing program that we use also. We were using ATX to e-file 940/941's since it's unlimited (what a joke!). Wish I could get JUST ONE to transmit properly! And today is the 26th!!! AAAARRRG (Think I should play the lotto with all my incident #'s? I think I have a better chance at that than getting the program to work properly)

Let me understand this. You are paying all of those big bucks for the Thomson products and then nickle and dime when it comes to efiling the payroll reports?

I have used CS products (writeup and depreciation) since 1996. (I have also used ATX that same amount of time.) I added payroll and file cabinet a year and a half ago when I thought I could make the move to UT. Just like all of the rant and raving about CCH and ATX, I just wanted to point out that Thomson sometimes does not deliver on their promises either.

I used to work for a company that used UltraTax. They will nickel and dime you for every little thing -- unless it has changed in the last 5 years. I am still in contact with a former co-worker and they had a BIG problem with rolling forward their last years data for tax returns.

Last I knew for UT to get unlimited returns (1040, 1120, 1065, 1041, etc), unlimited efiling, Client Write-Up, Practice Management, Depreciation Solution -- the renewal (not initial purchase) was probably close to $6K. That was 5 years ago. No thanks but I wish you luck! It's great software (but their customer service stinks too unless you can get them to put you thru to advanced Tech Support).