ATX Community

TRX BBB Information

Terry D EA

If this link works, it will take you to the Nashville BBB where you can view the complaints, company owner information and overall BBB rating which is "F" and they are not BBB accredited. I find it extrememly interesting that the BBB reports that one of the reasons for this rating is the fact that TRX failed to stop deceptive practices. I will be using this and other information to build my case.

Here is a tid bit more. TRX Software is a corporation listed on the Tennessee's Secretary of State's website as a not for profit corporation. I haven't found the corporation officers yet but do know that Doug Hughes, Kathy Hughes, Terrell Hughes and Dustin Hughes are all primaries. Karen Hughes is listed as the owner, Doug Hughes is the CEO/President, Dustin Hughes is the general manager; etc. I think they all should be listed as liable in a law suit against them.

http://www.bbb.org/nashville/business-reviews/computer-software-publishers-and-developers/trx-software-development-in-murfreesboro-tn-37017600

I see them with a C.

What kind of "case"? Are you talking about a class action, small claims..what?

Although I'm just as annoyed as everyone else (last week I was thinking....maybe the cosmos was telling me to retire) and would love my money back, I really look at this as a cost of doing business (just another deduction on my Schedule C). It's called penny wise and pound foolish...or you get what you pay for.

I used them for 4 years. There were issues the first year, but once they got worked out, all was well. No complaints for the next 3. I doubt Doug Hughes and all the Hughes planned this or wanted this. Remember, they are (most likely) going to be the biggest losers here.

I was happily saving money on software for 4 years...which added up to more than my "extra cost" for this year.

Don't focus on TRX, the parent company is Adroit Software.

I'm not 100% positive but I think Terrell D Hughes is Doug Hughes.

http://www.adroitsoftware.com/

In 2010, TRX changed its name to Adroit Software. Doug Hughes on Linkedin shows himself as CEO of Adroit Software since 1984.

Wow, nice research! I believe you are correct! TRX has changed it's name and website a few times in the past few years.

I see them with a C.

What kind of "case"? Are you talking about a class action, small claims..what?

Although I'm just as annoyed as everyone else (last week I was thinking....maybe the cosmos was telling me to retire) and would love my money back, I really look at this as a cost of doing business (just another deduction on my Schedule C). It's called penny wise and pound foolish...or you get what you pay for.

I used them for 4 years. There were issues the first year, but once they got worked out, all was well. No complaints for the next 3. I doubt Doug Hughes and all the Hughes planned this or wanted this. Remember, they are (most likely) going to be the biggest losers here.

I was happily saving money on software for 4 years...which added up to more than my "extra cost" for this year.

I agree with your philosophy but, the product is useless to many of us and we have asked for a refund with no response. In other words, we have received an inferior product. If you have read any previous posts, you'll see that we paid for a software brand that we didn't get which was the beginning of trouble. Most of us on this board has had to take a financial plunge and purchase other software in order to save our businesses. I'm not sure which method of recourse that I will seek, but which ever, I want to gather as much information as possible to support my claim. If you read all of the complains, and rip-offs associated with service bureau fees and the software, one would think proving the deceptive practices should be easy.

I think what happened is TRXcouldnt find a reseller at a price they wanted.

Redgear either upped the price from 2011 or pulled the plug on TRX as a reseller the same way ATX did in 2010. I think TRX thought it would get Redgear again for 2012 as they continued to say they were in negotiations as late as November 2012 or they thought they would ink a deal with another software provider.

When that fell through they substituted TaxExact at the last minute and tried to keep things afloat.

I think they purchased TaxExact several years ago in coordination with a software company, ran a beta season last year with a few people and thought they'd just ago ahead and make the leap this year to boost their profits. If the tax software had worked, they'd look like geniuses with the TaxWorks meltdown. If they could patch it together, they'd probably be able to sustain their client base through the transition.

Several times when they switched software, the year before they offered more than 1 program and then they made the complete switch the next season. If Mainstreet was offering such a great deal, why didn't TRX go back to Taxwise?

You may be right.

Or possibly this wasnt supposed to be the debut year for TaxExact .... who knows. But one thing is for sure, they caused a lot of problems for a lot of people. No one who got caught up in this mess will trust them again, thats for sure. I wonder if they will be around in one form or another next year?

Several times when they switched software, the year before they offered more than 1 program and then they made the complete switch the next season. If Mainstreet was offering such a great deal, why didn't TRX go back to Taxwise?

I'm sure TRX couldn't work with CCH at all after they offered ATX and talked about it here. When ATX pulled the plug, I'm sure that affected TaxWise, too. They are both owned by CCH.

that's true with Taxwise. Hadn't considered that.

TaxExact TECHNICALLY was up and running last year. I have no idea what happened between seasons but there is no way those people were using THIS software the way it's operating today. Doug said they did 50,000 returns last year. How that is possible is a mystery.

I seriously doubt if CCH or any reputable software publisher that has its own loyal client base will allow TRX or Adriot to resell their products after all the negative publicity!

I think TRX and its cohort companies will be hanging their hats on homegrown software, get unsuspecting users to beta test it and if that bombs, resell no name brand software with a different name. Same story as before!!!

I don't have a problem buying from a reseller.

I was with TRX for 5 good years and a bad year. If I paid 40% off list each of those years, I still came out far ahead of buying directly.

I agree with you on this.

These resellers are selling the same product for a fraction of the price and I have been happy with purchasing from resellers. When I started out I left HRBlock and didn't have $1500 to pay for a well known product. I have been using TRX for 2 years and didn't find have a problem with it. It is unfortunate for many of us who paid for the software, but life goes on and I am using OneDesk pro software now. The platform is OLT based and since I couldn't afford to pay for OLT--I got this for free last year because I beta tested. I did pay for TRX early so I am happy to have a free product. I started using it today and have no problems so far. The only problem I have is with the IRS delayed forms but they advised me it will stay in the queue after I e-file and will transmit once the forms are released.