ATX Community

Problem creating PDF files

elabre

Has anyone had any problems creating PDF files for the preparer copy? I have created files for a couple of small returns with no problems. The program hangs up when trying to create a PDF file for a slightly larger return. I have run error check and created the e-files for this particular return with no problems. Also printed the client copy with no problem. I searched the knowledge base and found nothing. Is ATX even posting anything to the knowledge base this year?

Gene

I haven't had any problems so far. But I've mostly only done W-2s and 1099s. I also Print/Pdf from the custom button, not the Preparer Copy button.

Also, I separate my PDF files into the Fed return, State return, other categories, including the statements/worksheets. I remember when PDFing my other statements/worksheets and including the various Assets/Depreciation schedules, the PDF function would hang up. I started to PDF my Assets/Depreciation schedules separately. This made smaller files to PDF and everything worked fine.

What JPDF program are you using?

If you have been using ATX for a few years there is a program called PDF factory, this usualy works better than the current one.

Thanks George. Just changed my printer to the PDF factory and it worked like a charm. Guess it's just another work around I'll have to get used to. Just seems a shame we spend more for the program and are getting less.

Gene