ATX Community

Print Issues

FedupCPA

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem....I unchecked the boxes in the print preferences to automatically have all worksheets and statements print, as I like to control what we print out for our clients through the print manager. Yesterday printed Client and Preparer copies of 2 accepted efiled 1040s. Went into Print, selected the forms I wanted to print. The first return (which took 33 1/2 minutes to print) gave me exactly what I wanted. Then I slogged on to the next return to print, selected the forms I wanted and I got everything!...planner, worksheets, etc; basically a whole tree came veeerrryyyyy slowly out of the printer.

We have tried checking and unchecking, rebooting and all with the same inconsistent results.

There is a "Preview" that you can click on before you print....I've learned to do that as I don't print the worksheets. Maybe that will help you????

I always tell the program to print 2 copies, however, only 1 prints!

In regard to slow printing...I don't have that problem. I kind of wish I did because at times my printer prints out over 50 pages before I can blink my eye and in those 50 pages are those worksheets I did not request! I have a HP4014 that I purchased 3 years ago. If your printer continues to print slow, you might need to upgrade to a newer printer. When I last upgraded my printer, I was amazed at the speed from the additional memory or whatever a newer printer has! It makes a tremendous difference.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

I print only forms stuff I want there to be.

worksheets and all that other stuff I say no to.

then for client instructions and efile stuff. I got to custom and take water marks off, and then only select e-file (EXample8879 ga 8453) and client instructions