ATX Community

ATX crashed and won't open

ATS

Rob at extension 1218 apparently is on the longest lunch break in history. he went on lunch break monday and will not return our calls and we are unable to leave a message.....because his voice mail is full. (hmm guess I'm not the only person trying to get in touch with him)

I called ATX this morning at 9:00. it is now 3:00 and I am still on hold.

I need help with getting our ATX back up and running.

what took place was it asked for an update.....sure why not for the 1,000 time.

So does anyone know a number? a way to talk to someone? instead of writing emails from 2 days ago and not getting a call back.

I am very dissapointed with how CCH is handling there issues.

I wonder if they could just give me tax wise until all the issues are fixed. and it should come free, cause Rob promised me that this new ATX program was superb compared to Tax Wise and I would never have any problems like I did with Tax Wise.

- "Well Mr. Rob I having worse problems. I have clients sitting in front of me while the program crashes, I had one 1040 get E-filed for no reason. Half of it was not done. I went to check if it was accepted; when I realized what took place, and it was accepted already. So yeah I'm pretty lit that now I have to do a 1040X.....Thats not even released yet until late march....and who knows if that is the true date".

When is it saying that? During download or installation? Did you install the original program in the default directory or some other directory?

I went to the manual download. and half way into it, it said error (basically said I was not allowed). Then it closed, I tried to reopen it, and it then said (File path error).

it is like it almost took itself off.

and just to clarify thanks for trying something. and I am not mad at you at all. actually I am happy to know someone is trying to help me.

thanks

when I go to download the update it says

error 1310

X:atx2012atx2012.exe

the X is the drive we use.

I have the option to abort, ignore, or close.

-retry just pops up over and over.

- close does away with it

- ignore comes up with error 1304

and it wonts me to verify I have acces to the directory

then when it goes bye bye error 1603 comes up

and says for me consult with windows installer.

but then I try to just say forget the update and go to work. but sadly it is gone now. (before it would open but then just shut down randomly and start updating on its own.)

Wow, I'm really sorry you are having these problems. Looks like the error codes are saying you aren't allowed to write to that drive.

I am downloading the update now on another computer that I use and it is moving along fine. It only asked where to save and I selected a folder where I keep all updates called downloads on my c: drive. I save them there, then click them to install after the download is finished,

Did support ever pick up?