ATX Community

Version installed is higher than version required

frannie

I tried to open a return this morning that I had worked on last night. I get a message that the form 1040 version required is 123 and the version installed is 129. I had this problem several days ago with 1099G but it was fixed with the program update.

I have run the updates. I tried to download just form 1040 from the download center but it doesn't show up in the list. I also tried to download the program update from the website, but it won't download to my desktop when I say to save it.

I should mention that I am using Win 7 on a relatively "clean" computer.
I searched the knowledge base - nothing.
I tried to download using IE.

I searched both forums and haven't found this particular problem. Any suggestions?

Yes, so did I. However, that didn't work. When I tried to open a return I got the .....has encountered a problem and needs to close message. So Marilyn on the other forum suggested that I delete the assets folder then run the update. Did that. Still can't open a 1040 return. So I did it again. Now the updates are running so slowly I don't think I'll be ready for my first appointment in an hour. Heavy sigh.

Frannie hope you have already solved your problem- I had/have same issue- posted on official atx community board-got this response:

There are several posts about deleting your "Asset" folder when your return has form versions different than the current program version.

Depending upon what platform you are using (XP, WIN7, Vista, etc.) you essentially follow the address string until you get to the "Asset" folder (which contains program forms, not any depreciable asset info), delete the folder, reboot your system, then update the program.

Look for posts from Kimmie1201, MarilynB, ATXMichelle, or ATXKristin in the Workaround/Solutions thread

And was able to find this post:

http://cchsfs-atx.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14069/kw/asset%20folder%20delete

Was able to open a return, although back to vey slow openings

Good luck