ATX Community

Finally heard from TRX, NO REFUND

mrichman333

Finally heard from TRX, NO REFUND

I decided to email one more time since I never got a response from my certified letter.

Here it is

“Mary, I did receive you’re your letter on 02/06/13. We appreciate your business and hate to hear that you have decided to go with another company. I can’t authorize a refund per our return policy but I can give you a credit for next tax season. See Refund Policy below.

Thanks, Karen”

Like I want to go with them again!!

Maybe I should take the credit just to cost them something even if it pennies.

That is how TRX operates. Use the unsuspecting preparer as a beta tester and when they complain to get a refund give them credit for next year's junk! Adding insult to injury!

And because I purchased it at the end of last years tax season I can not dispute it with my CC company because it is over 90 days.

And because I purchased it at the end of last years tax season I can not dispute it with my CC company because it is over 90 days.

That's not necessarily true. Explain that is customary to purchase the next year's tax software in advance, that December is the delivery date and by mid January, the package should be stable and the states available. Your cc company would want proof that you contacted TRX for a refund and return instructions and what the response was.

"How about posting the refund policy that Karen Bills mentioned. Is it the same as the cancellation policy? Offering a credit for next year??? Are they serious?? What is the amount of the credit they are offering? Just like to know for my case."

My understanding is it would be the amount I paid. Here is the policy she included in the email. I haven’t looked closely at it but it looks the same.

I can forward the email to you if you would like. If they offer one a credit they should offer all a credit.

TRX Software reserves the right to refuse or cancel any membership of TRX. If TRX refuses a new or renewing membership you will be offered a refund that is subject to the TRX refund policy. Refunds will not be provided for any membership that has been renewed from a prior year membership. All new orders are subject to the following terms.
New memberships ordered before October 1

Cancellations received within 72 hours of membership purchase will be offered a complete refund minus shipping and handling. Cancellations received within 30 days of purchase will receive a full refund minus a $150 service fee and any other applicable fees such as, but not limited to, shipping and handling, training fees, and any fees due to TRX.

New Memberships Ordered After October 1, but before April 15th

Cancellations received within 72 hours of membership purchase will be offered a complete refund minus shipping and handling. Cancellations received within 10 days of purchase will receive a full refund minus a $150 service fee and any other applicable fees such as, but not limited to, shipping and handling, training fees, and any fees due to TRX.

Restocking Fee After Software Ships

Refunds provided for orders that have shipped will be assessed a $50 restocking and handling fee. If the software has shipped you are required to return the software and any accompanying materials as requested by TRX before a refund will be processed. Shipping will be the responsibility of the customer. The member assumes all responsibility for damage to the software upon reship. If for any reason the software or accompanying materials are damaged, TRX reserves the right to assess the damage and take any applicable fees directly from the refund. No refunds will be provided for software that has been used to e-file.

Promotional Items

If you recieved free CPE credits at the time of purchase these fees will be deducted when your refund is processed at a rate of $44.95.

Reshipping

Reshipping is the responsibility of the member. Software will be shipped to the address on file. To change your shipping address you must provide a written request for change of address. This request must be received not less than 30 days prior to shipping. If for any reason your software needs to be reshipped you will be assessed a $50 fee.

How to Obtain a Refund

To obtain a refund, you must mail (by U.S. postal service or national courier) a written request to:

TRX Software Development, LLC
Attn: Karen Bills – Refund Request
906 Dashiel Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37129

Requests for a refund need be prepared on a company letterhead and signed by the primary person on the membership account. The written request should also contain the company name, primary contact name, account number, address and any other relevant contact information, date of order, and reason for the refund request. All refund requests made within 72 hours can be made by calling 1-855-880-1040 or by mail.

How about posting the refund policy that Karen Bills mentioned. Is it the same as the cancellation policy? Offering a credit for next year??? Are they serious?? What is the amount of the credit they are offering? Just like to know for my case.

That's not necessarily true. Explain that is customary to purchase the next year's tax software in advance, that December is the delivery date and by mid January, the package should be stable and the states available. Your cc company would want proof that you contacted TRX for a refund and return instructions and what the response was.

I have an additional problem, I no longer have the CC, so their not so eager to help me, but I may try again

I'm not getting anywhere getting my refund either. This is a 'beta and switch' if you ask me. I'm going to look into whether or not I can file a small claims case in TN via the mail. Last year I started seeing the posts online about the woman suing them for diverting her ERO fees and now there is this. These people like to take a lot of risks and they don't care who it affects. They encouraged me to continue sending returns through their portal knowing that most of them would to transmitted to the IRS only to go to the errors department. They also did not relay to other users errors that I pointed out that would cause a client to overstate expenses and potentially cause them to be audited and/or assessed a penalty. This is an awful way for them to treat us and I won't do that to my clients.

I want my money back!

BTW, I wonder what the IRS would say if they knew that TRX was intentionally sending returns with errors on them through...not just those that get caught and cause a snowstorm of letters, etc., but even basic MATH ERRORS. ?????

I too would like to file the small claims action but some of the articles I have read from NOLO, legal zoom; etc you have to sue the person in the state they conduct business in. Now, if It can be done electronically or via mail, I would be happy to go that route. From where I am in NC it is about an 8 hour drive which I wouldn't mind if I could include the expenses incurred to file the law suit. Any suggestions with this?

I'm not getting anywhere getting my refund either. This is a 'beta and switch' if you ask me. I'm going to look into whether or not I can file a small claims case in TN via the mail. Last year I started seeing the posts online about the woman suing them for diverting her ERO fees and now there is this. These people like to take a lot of risks and they don't care who it affects. They encouraged me to continue sending returns through their portal knowing that most of them would to transmitted to the IRS only to go to the errors department. They also did not relay to other users errors that I pointed out that would cause a client to overstate expenses and potentially cause them to be audited and/or assessed a penalty. This is an awful way for them to treat us and I won't do that to my clients.

I want my money back!

BTW, I wonder what the IRS would say if they knew that TRX was intentionally sending returns with errors on them through...not just those that get caught and cause a snowstorm of letters, etc., but even basic MATH ERRORS. ?????

I think this is something that should definitely be reported. I have no idea to "what department". Perhaps a visit to your local IRS office might be in order. Maybe the fraud dept? Someone above the reps that answer the phone. This should put them out of business for good....and perhaps.....lots of fines. Maybe a tax attorney....are there any in this forum?