ATX Community

1120S and 4562

Randall

Anyone else having this problem. With a 1220S return, when going to print menu, 4562 won't print. Depreciation schedules print. When leaving print menu, 4562 is blank. Actual info is there and included in the overall return calculations. Depreciation schedules are there and viewable with the info. If I close return and reopen, 4562 is back with the info. But when going back to print menu, same thing happens. I can print the 4562 with the info using the print page button (after I reopen return and before going into print menu).

Doesn't happen in 1040 returns. Haven't tried 1065 yet. Will be trying that soon.

I think there are several funky things happening with that print menu.

I had this happen twice over the weekend and once on Monday.

Somehow when we go to print an 1120S it corrupts the 4562. You can tell because it says invalad date and entry by the real property entry lines.

I had to print / page the 4562's and insert them after reopening the return.

It didn't matter if the 4562 print options said always or IRS required.

Luckily as Randall said the data flowed properly to other areas...

Having the same problem and it is a pain in the ass. The 4562 does not populate with the depreciation amount even though the depreciation is on Page 1. I print the return to Fine Print, close the return, open the return, and then print just the 4562/4562AMT.

Even with the print packets customized to always print 4562 and the options checked to always print 4562 and related statements, the 4562 does not print. I hope that this is a problem that will be fixed in the future.

As for now, for all entity returns, I am reviewing 2011 returns and comparing them to 2012 printed returns to make sure all the schedules and supporting worksheets and/or forms are in the 2012 return.

Maribeth