ATX Community

State return

Kea

I just started a new return in TaxWise (MainStreet) and told it to use a part year Indiana return. It said I wasn't authorized & that I had to purchase it. I thought this package came with all the states (this is the first state return I've tried to add).

Is that just a generic warning before installing any state? Or, is it going to charge me? I decided to cancel and ask here first.

Thanks

Yeah there are some quirks and extra steps involved with TaxWise but at least it does the calculations correcty. I was pleasently surprised to find that if you do the 1120S it will prompt you to pull the K-1s into a 1040 with the matching SS. Nice feature.

But I do think I have to do about 25% more clicks per return with TaxWise than I did with ATX or TaxWorks. Updates can be confusing. Bank info willl have top be entered up to four times on a return in some cases. That's just not necessary.

And, the thing that really bothers me is when you tab to or through a new cell it will pull info from the dropdown list and overwrite the good info you had there. You really have to be carefull. I cant tell you how many times I have accidently changed a value. The autofill feature is a bit to over zealous for me and requires backspacing over what it selected.

And this is a CCH product too.