ATX Community

Rollover return crashes program when opening

Marie

Rollover return, click to open, loads..loads..loads..loads..then software closes. I deleted the rollovered return, re rollover, same thing. Restarted my program, no luck. Any suggestions? Saturday afternoon, things always seem to happen on the weekend. Best time to work, worst time for software problems.

I would go back to 2011 open up the 2011 return and make sure the return is as clean as possible i.e., no extra forms, no unused

entry worksheets such as W-2, 1099, 1098, no unclaimed dependents, delete everything you don't really need then save it.

When you do the rollover, do not roll over anything but the basic return, uncheck all of the boxes at the bottom of the rollover screen. It's possible there is some component of your 2011 return that the 2012 program can't convert properly.

Good Luck,

I went to 2011 and did a duplicate and deleted all forms that weren't needed. Rolled that return over, but when I tried to open it the same thing happened. It says loading..... and then the window comes up that says the software is closing. I have rolled over other returns today with success, just not this one. Version 12.9 is what I'm on.

My 2 cents - - - -I can rollover the simplest of returns - -basically ANY return that has depreciation will crash & not rollover.

Sooooooooooooo here I sit - -Sun since 7 am - -imputing returns - -inputting all asset information for 5 large tax returns - - I believe I am now working for $2/ hr.

My 2 cents