ATX Community

ATX management contacted me today.

FLORIDA TAX MAN

They asked me to tone down the political stuff ....(I guess with Bobby1NJ who starts the political stuff).

Supposedly, others felt it got in the way of their frustration with ATX software and the ability to complain about it.

Of course, I learned long ago no answers come on that board. I asked and asked for a fix to my E-filing problem but NO response from anyone. So I doubt any answers come from yelling:

"Kimmie, this doesn't work" or "Kimmie, help my that thing doesn't work." Usually the reply is "I'll tell the developers, or we are working on it"

Anyway I agreed to tone it down.

When I visit that board now all I see is actor David Hedison from the Vincent Price picture "The Fly" at the very end his little head on the body of a fly stuck in a spiders web, with the spider about to eat him, yelling in his high pitched voice:

HELP ME !!! HELP MEEEEEEE !! (KIMMEE) HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!

lol I saw that! BoobyinNJ can't let it anything go and must have the last word.

Kimmie answered a question or two of mine, but she has yet to respond to the timing of my refund and flat out ignored my post about their work that will occur over the coming weeks to solve the stability and performance issues where I told her that the preparers don't have weeks to wait. She also had no comment about their refund policy where if a user asks for a refund at any time in their account history, that will forever preclude that person from ever asking for a refund again. Why would I ever consider purchasing from them again if they happened to put out another year's software as horrible as this was, that I would be risking those funds without the ability to recoup my losses. I guess CCH doesn't have any propaganda on that one yet.

Kimmie did cancel one person's refund request. Did you see that one yesterday where the user asked for a refund because everyone seemed to be doing it and hoped it didn't "mess everything up"! When I asked if she had other software in place to use going forward and point out to her that she'd lose the ability to efile and update the program and its forms, this user's response was "Oh CRAP!". Kimmie did step in and cancelled it so her account wouldn't be shut down. SMH at that one!

They asked me to tone down the political stuff ....(I guess with Bobby1NJ who starts the political stuff).

Supposedly, others felt it got in the way of their frustration with ATX software and the ability to complain about it.

Of course, I learned long ago no answers come on that board. I asked and asked for a fix to my E-filing problem but NO response from anyone. So I doubt any answers come from yelling:

"Kimmie, this doesn't work" or "Kimmie, help my that thing doesn't work." Usually the reply is "I'll tell the developers, or we are working on it"

Anyway I agreed to tone it down.

When I visit that board now all I see is actor David Hedison from the Vincent Price picture "The Fly" at the very end his little head on the body of a fly stuck in a spiders web, with the spider about to eat him, yelling in his high pitched voice:

HELP ME !!! HELP MEEEEEEE !! (KIMMEE) HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!

You just want to get banned like I was!

lol I saw that! BoobyinNJ can't let it anything go and must have the last word.

Kimmie answered a question or two of mine, but she has yet to respond to the timing of my refund and flat out ignored my post about their work that will occur over the coming weeks to solve the stability and performance issues where I told her that the preparers don't have weeks to wait. She also had no comment about their refund policy where if a user asks for a refund at any time in their account history, that will forever preclude that person from ever asking for a refund again. Why would I ever consider purchasing from them again if they happened to put out another year's software as horrible as this was, that I would be risking those funds without the ability to recoup my losses. I guess CCH doesn't have any propaganda on that one yet.

Kimmie did cancel one person's refund request. Did you see that one yesterday where the user asked for a refund because everyone seemed to be doing it and hoped it didn't "mess everything up"! When I asked if she had other software in place to use going forward and point out to her that she'd lose the ability to efile and update the program and its forms, this user's response was "Oh CRAP!". Kimmie did step in and cancelled it so her account wouldn't be shut down. SMH at that one!

Yes, I had to let Bobby have the last word otherwise it would go on forever until they banned one or both of us.

I did see where you asked about their carefully worded refund policy and got no answer. I'm sure lawyers have bound and gagged that whole staff. I thank God and CCH for letting me use TaxWise as I could not get ATX to E-file nor an answer on how to fix it. I am limping along on TaxWise but really don't like it. I keep hoping ATX will fix itself prior to April 15 and I could go back to using it for some of my clients.

I'm really scared ATX will die. No matter if there is a conversion process it doesn't convert all and you have to do a lot of do over work. For example, Schedule C other expenses. Under ATX I had some good explained expense titles. Converting ATX to Taxwise, which has VERY short fields, truncated a lot of stuff so I had to revamp descriptions. I dread converting to a new system...even returning to ATX seems problematic.