ATX Community

1099 e-filed status

L.S.

The 1099's I e-filed more than two weeks ago still say "Validated by EFC." The last time I talked to ATX on Saturday, January 26, I was told they would start sending these files "sometime this week." They keep moving the projected date of filing, so I guess we just keep waiting.

The 1099's I e-filed more than two weeks ago still say "Validated by EFC." The last time I talked to ATX on Saturday, January 26, I was told they would start sending these files "sometime this week." They keep moving the projected date of filing, so I guess we just keep waiting.

I efiled 1099s using Drake and uploading the file to the IRS 'FIRE' web site, and got a 'good' status from the IRS immediatel The message said that if I did not want to make any changes the filing would automatically be completed in 10 days.

Maybe they also wait 10 days for filings thru ATX

I e-filed my first 1099 on Jan 9. It's still sitting there as validated. I have gotten these explanations/excuses:

#1 -- yes it has been sent we just haven't gotten the acceptance back (Jan 14)

#2 -- It will be sent the 28th (Jan 18)

#3 -- Duplicate and resend it because there was a problem with them (Jan 22)

#4 -- Don't duplicate them (after I already had done one) we'll check into it and get back to you {still waiting on a call} (Jan 23)

#5 -- This morning I spent 40 minutes on hold and no one answered.

I'd like to see this option:

Press 1 for music

Press 2 for SILENCE until we feel you've been on hold long enough for us to answer your call because it is important to us.

Ok, so I'm being sarcastic - but 3 weeks waiting for something other than validated is not acceptable.