ATX Community

INSTALLING STATES

SUE A.

I ONLY INSTALLED ONE STATE INITIALLY. NOW I WANT TO INSTALL THE OTHER TWO. WHEN I PUT IN MY CD NOTHING HAPPENS AND WHEN I TRY THROUGH THE START BUTTON I GET AN ERROR. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE. I TRIED TO ACCESS MYATX AND COULDNT LOG IN AND I GOT FRUSTRATED WAITING ON HOLD WITH THE PHONE. I MAY JUST PURCHASE PPR BUT HATE TO NOT BE ABLE TO USE WHAT I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR WHEN I BOUGHT MY SOFTWARE. SUE

Sue - Sorry - I use MAX, I cannot answer your question. I am sure someone else will be on shortly, please hold.....

Please be advised that ATX (CCH) is equal opportunity. They are not picking on you, they consistently ignore all of us!

and - There are those on this board that feel ALLCAPS TO BE SCREAMING.

I am not positiave but I think if you have the forms on your computer all you have to do it open a a state form that you need and it should automatically use that state for you.

Do this for each state you want. If by chance you go to a 4th state it will tell you you cannot without PRS

REINSTALLING THE PROGRAM IS A GOOD IDEA, HOWEVER WHEN I TRIED TO DO THIS NOTHING HAPPENS. WHEN I TRIED TO DO THIS THROUGH START,RUN,ETC. I GET AN ERROR AND CANT PROCEED EITHER. I AM COMPUTOR ILLITERATE THOUGH AND WAS HOPING THERE IS SOMETHING I CAN DO THAT IM NOT AWARE OF. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS. SUE

I ENTERED X:SETUP AS THE DIRECTIONS SAID AND I GET AN ERROR. I DONT RECALL WHAT THE ERROR SAID EXACTLY. IT WAS IN COMPUTOR LANGUAGE AND I DIDNT REALLY UNDERSTAND IT SO I JUST CANCELLED. IM AFRAID OF CREATING NEW PROBLEMS IF I MESS AROUND TOO MUCH WITHOUT REALLY KNOWING WHAT IM DOING. SUE

Try this.

Insert the CD into your CDRom drive

Go to My Computer

Right Click on your CD Rom Drive and choose Open

In here you should see an icon that looks like a computer name setup or setup.exe

Double left click this icon and the install should start.

If during the install you do not get the option to install your states.

Go to C:/ProgramFiles/CommonFiles/ATX/2007

There's a file there named something similar to atxlocalconfig.dat (I'm not at my computer so don't have the exact name).

Delete this file

Reinstall using the steps above.

You will need to re enter your install codes.