ATX Community

New CEO at CCH

Guest Taxed

Once you hit about 200 returns, the unlimited price may be better and won't increase as your number of returns increases.

If your average fee is $500 and you could do 26 more returns with ProSystem fx than with ATX -- probably not a stretch to go from 2,900 to 2,926 -- then it will have paid for itself in money alone, not even taking into account stress, sleep, etc.

My first year with Profx, I was so thrilled with support that I didn't regret the price. But the last weekend of the season with Tax Day coming up on Monday, I had nine returns left: a husband/wife out-of-state partnership, their joint return with SE wife and two states, two sons' returns, kiddy tax, 300 pages of gain/loss, plus another family with a joint return with two states, two sons, kiddy tax, two trusts for the sons, and more gain/loss They were clients I'd had before Profx, so I was used to spending about five days on those returns, especially with all the proofreading I needed to do that late in the season when I'm tired. I was dreading calling one of the families, maybe both of the families, to say I was putting their returns on extension. But, I clicked a button to import K-1s, clicked a button to import gain/loss, and clicked a button to do kiddy tax; strong diagnostics helped me proofread, and all had flowed correctly. I was done by 2 a.m. after one day! I was so excited that I woke up my husband to tell him. He of course had no idea what I was talking about, but he did say that my software just paid for itself.