ATX Community

I HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM ATX BOARD !!

FLORIDA TAX MAN

The devil (CCH) knows that the best way to defeat your enemy is to have them turn against each other. When ATX customers report on one another, they are not helping themselves; instead, they are helping CCH grind us all into dust. Dust that can blow away in the wind while CCH laughs at our trials and errors with ATX's program.

United we stand. Divided we fall...into the depths of CCH's hell.

Just contact Kimmie and ask her to reinstate you, telling her you need the board for support, since ATX support is so overwhelmed. She will threaten a little, and tell you what you can and can't post, make you suffer a day, but she should reinstate you just like she did me.

Then I am afraid, you'll have to be more careful.

Thank you all for your comments and advice. I may wait a bit before contacting Kimmie or ATX.

I am so frustrated between the software and BOBBY1NJ my blood pressure is way up... I'm sure Bobby's ears are burning because I have cursed him for the last 24 hours.

From now on BOBBY1NJ will be known as

THE COWARD WHO HIDES BEHIND KIMMIE'S SKIRT.

unfortuneatly the other board is the only way to get tech support this year.

Yesterday morning, 8:00AM. Twenty minute wait for the "customer service" person, 5 minutes convincing her that she would have a much better rest of the day if she just connected me to tech support. She switched me. 2 minutes I was talking to a tech. She had no answers but promised to "push" my situation up to the developers and even gave me a "bug" number. I was told they would call back the same day.

12:47PM today and still no return call. Guess I used up all my luck getting to a technician in only 27 minutes....

Isn't it nice to know you can count on ATX & CCH ...they do tell the truth don't they ?? i wonder if after tax season and all the frustration dies down if they will close that board again ?? i'm sure that Kimmie & co. are just wanting to get through this until April 15 th....Then their sales staff will have to try and save what they can. Although who can believe anything they say.

I seriously doubt they will offer 2012 ATX refunds regardless of class action threats. And my gut tells me they will just offer their standard 10 % discount for May with as straight a face they can muster. And in the end will it work next year. OHHHH I had hoped an update would come in time for the more complicated returns that would fix everything but my hopes are dashed.

And now I'm board blind thanks in large part to another lying bag of dog poo.....no wonder his ATX works fine while others are sinking rapidly.

Anybody hear from the new supreme leader of ATX/CCH ??? You know HARPO MARX's grandkid..... ????

It's interesting that we haven't heard from the new ATX/CCH president yet. Except for his BS e-mail to us, there has been no other e-mails or correspondence. No videos on the ATX Home Page. Where is the leadership? Hiding? Are they afraid? I still think that CCH made a bad decision hiring a CCH clone to run ATX. It's clear they need to hire someone from the outside to come in and fix this mess. But on the other hand, who the heck would want the job?

If I were an ATX sales rep, I would start sending out my resume now and find a better job. Can you imagine an ATX sales rep having the balls to call us after tax season, and ask for an early renewal discount. I would rather be standing on a street corner begging for money - at least a homeless person has more dignity and honesty than an ATX sales rep.

Have any of you seen the LinkedIn photos of some of the ATX "quality" control employees? Go to LinkedIn and type "ATX" and "quality", and you will see the sorriest looking bunch of guys you have ever seen in your life. I'm sorry to be rude, but most of them don't look very smart to me. Computer programmers? Really? I mean, really? No way. They look like they couldn't change oil in a car.

As I said before, they need to cut the sales staff in half after tax season, hire better computer programmers and pray they retain a minimum of 50% of their customer base by the end of the year.

Yesterday morning, 8:00AM. Twenty minute wait for the "customer service" person, 5 minutes convincing her that she would have a much better rest of the day if she just connected me to tech support. She switched me. 2 minutes I was talking to a tech. She had no answers but promised to "push" my situation up to the developers and even gave me a "bug" number. I was told they would call back the same day.

12:47PM today and still no return call. Guess I used up all my luck getting to a technician in only 27 minutes....

It is now March 16 @ 6:00 PM and no word from tech support. I despise being lied to!! Now don't all you soft hearts start the "they have so many to deal with" line, none of my clients will accept that as an excuse if I am taking too long with their tax retrun.

CCH has no care for customers or customer service. CCH RUINED a good piece of tax software under the guise of improving it. CCH is costing the firm I work for thousands of dollars. CCH SUCKS!

Jack, its not too late to switch, my learning curve with proseries took one day to start flying on doing returns. Even if you don't convert them, the majority take 5 minutes to set up and the ones with passive loss, basis carryovers etc are probably the ones that go on extension anyway. Simple returns take the same in ps as atx to prepare. Only big problem i have is ps doesn't do all the forms atx does but how many really need those oddball forms and its also harder to force an issue when you can't find the input for something. However, a call to ps is generally answered in less than 5 minutes and they know what they are talking about.

Jack from Ohio, I keep saying over and over again - CCH does not care that much about ATX. CCH's major focus is on prosystem fx and higher paying clients. They only bought ATX and Kleinrock in order to capture a large customer base with the hope of maybe converting some of us over to higher levels (and higher fee) services. For those of us who don't want to pay more for prosystem fx or other higher CCH's sevices, well...too bad..as far as CCH is concern. They will go through the motions of "helping us", hire lousy computer programmers, uneducated customer service and technical support people, and do just enough to get by. Like it or not, from an economic point of view, we are small potatoes to CCH. Get use to it, or leave.

Ii's highly unprofessional to treat low end professionals as dog poo.

I sometimes wonder to myself if the original programmers (moe larry & curly) who started this ATX 2012 nightmare were fired or quit in the early part of December or January when the sheets started to hit the fan.....And ever since, other programmers who are really not familiar with the software as the original stooges, have been trying to fix this thing only to screw up some other part.....hence the reason the updates are not making things all that better.

It's just a theory of mine with no back up whatsoever.

I am struggling with TAXWISE which is more expensive than ATX but is so much harder and in my opinion worse than OLD ATX.

They ruined ATX a good product and THAT is a SIN !!

WTH am I going to do about next year ??? Ulcers much !!

FloridaMan I missed you...you are one funny accountant!

I say go to Drake

1. takes 1/2 hour to convert software over - that's unbelievable

2. sign on for their $285 program..which gives you 17 programs

3. then as soon as you have a quetion, call...and wnen you have another question call....they are clearly overstffed their;

I'm not saying abuse the sytem, but they are overstaffed with qualfieid people to jump on these opportunities.

They're a good all amerian company...charge a more than fiar price, they put out a good product, and the support knows their stuff.

if you 've got a question, they'll have an answer in about 2 minutes, that will be well communicated to you.

impressive company

FloridaMan I missed you...you are one funny accountant!

I say go to Drake

1. takes 1/2 hour to convert software over - that's unbelievable

2. sign on for their $285 program..which gives you 17 programs

3. then as soon as you have a quetion, call...and wnen you have another question call....they are clearly overstffed their;

I'm not saying abuse the sytem, but they are overstaffed with qualfieid people to jump on these opportunities.

They're a good all amerian company...charge a more than fiar price, they put out a good product, and the support knows their stuff.

if you 've got a question, they'll have an answer in about 2 minutes, that will be well communicated to you.

impressive company

Aww Ari, Thank you. I miss the other board and its members too EXCEPT for one particular male individual who calls Kimmie "Mommy".

Time to switch software people! ATX and TaxWise (yes I tried this one-ATX gave me a simultaneous free license to it. Piece-O-Crap!) are just not usable products.

I'm using Taxwise like you and i'm finding it hard to use and its more expensive than ATX (go figure that). At least it works to some extent. The conversion from ATX to Taxwise was disappointing especially for it being the same company.

Now I see that CCH had a tax package for the public and decided to dump it selling it to Liberty Tax...didn'y know that they had it...so maybe they'll sell ATX to Hewitt-Block ?? just kidding ...

... you couldn't sell ATX2012 in a garage sale !!

I'm using Taxwise like you and i'm finding it hard to use and its more expensive than ATX (go figure that). At least it works to some extent. The conversion from ATX to Taxwise was disappointing especially for it being the same company.

Now I see that CCH had a tax package for the public and decided to dump it selling it to Liberty Tax...didn'y know that they had it...so maybe they'll sell ATX to Hewitt-Block ?? just kidding ...

... you couldn't sell ATX2012 in a garage sale !!

Well, I tried TaxWise for Free and it was so bad I bought Drake. Instantly the pressure went down!