ATX Community

4th time today that software has crashed!!!

FedupCPA

WTH??!!! Return that I was just working on crashed the program while I was trying to add a state form....earlier today it crashed 3 times while trying to add back fixed assets that had been randomly deleted for no apparant reason other than this program is a worthless piece of crap. How can it be getting worse instead of better, the farther along we get????!!!

Are you using WIN7 64 bit, at least an i-3 or faster (or equivilent) processor, max RAM your machine will hold, Netframework 4.5, no internet security suite software, closing the program every hour, rebooting your computer every 3 hours, using the hardware firewall in your router and turning off all software firewalls?

What update version of the software are you using?

I also had the fixed assets disappear on two different returns today. Each I had thought I was done, but had to reopen, then the refund was so different. After comparing before and after, the fixed assets had to redone to get back to where the return was before. Thank goodness only 3 assets had to reentered.

I also had the fixed assets disappear on two different returns today. Each I had thought I was done, but had to reopen, then the refund was so different. After comparing before and after, the fixed assets had to redone to get back to where the return was before. Thank goodness only 3 assets had to reentered.

Rumor has it that if you purchase the Fixed Asset Manager, those problems go away. I am waiting on verification.

Sounds like a plot to get more money from us to try to make a total disaster piece of software simply usable.

Yes, I have all the correct, up to date specs, my IT guy has checked everything, have had tech support take over my computer and actually make things worse, and losing fixed assets is a random thing....sometimes my big corps with lots of assets (oh the joy of having to re-input old assets), sometimes Sch E rental houses, sometimes Sch C assets and not every return. Infuriating.