ATX Community

When prior dep. assets disappear in "Fixed Assets"....

Cathy

....close your program, go get a bowl of ice cream, re-open your program and your client's prior year depreciable assets will reappear like magic!

I chose Blue Bell's Butter Pecan ice cream. I don't know if it will work with a different flavor or brand...Blue Bell is the best!

Take care,

Cathy

P.S. Couldn't find the original post, but whoever suggested closing and re-opening the program, thanks so much! :spaz:

Unfortunately, even if I ate massive bowls of Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter and Chocolate, my fixed assets would not reappear! Not even rebooting the computer made the 51 assets come back, let alone the 13 new ones I had input for 2012. Can I just re-iterate how much I hate this program?!

I was able to fix this on my end (standalone)

You need version 12.11 or higher, they added a new menu item Returns >Import Data > Fixed assets

You can try this , but the prevailing instructions are to delete 4562 (doesnt delete the data), save, add new form 4562, then import the fixed assets data.

This re-establishes the link between the form and the data

There are similar insructions on doing it on a network, which include runing a small utility to re-establish the data link between the workstations and the server. This utility is available through the knowledge base.