ATX Community

2012 version not available.

Klownicle

Since the ATX Support line has a hour wait (seriously?), I thought i'd post here. I have a client who is attempting to work in the ATX 2012 software. For the past couple of days without issue they have continued to work on a return inside the software. An update was downloaded on the start of the software and ever since this update, a message stating; "At the time of release, the 2012 version was not available. The 2011 version is provided for rollover purposes only Tax calculations have not been updated. The program will not allow printing of this form."

Now, I'm no tax person, In fact I'm just one of the many IT guys helping out a user. So all I have to go by, is they were actively working on it. And while doing so it showed 2012 when opening, now the above mentioned error comes up and displays 2011.

Thoughts... ideas... questions?

Fix depends on what software version you are using.

Old versions (12.9 and earlier) can either delete the entire assets folder and redownload all the forms (takes a long time), or delve into that folder and just delete the individual forms causing the problems. They will automatically re-download. (if you do the problem only forms, it is admittedly more complicated. Details on the reall ATX board in the Workarounds topic)

Or , you can use 12.10 or later, and use the new menu item they added, to update forms in this return. It will now give you a dialog box allowing you to select and re-download the problem forms in that partucular return.

• Like 1