ATX Community

HRB issue is latent with ATX too (Please read)

Pacun

Please check every AOC you have requested and make sure you have checked yes to "half time student". The easiest is to check form 8863 instead of the input interface.

ATX is allowing refundable AOC even if that box is checked no, which is the default answer.

Guest Taxed

Not only HRB but I believe all major software vendors had an issue with the early release of the 8863, how the software was transmitting the answers. Some software vendors are lazy (You know who they are) and all they do is just paste the IRS question verbatum with a check box. So when a user inputs if hey have not read the question carefully they will answer it wrong. Same is true with EIC questions. It is like completing a fillable PDF of the IRS form. Give me a break! Why are we paying top dollars for a fillable PDF??

Guest Taxed

Correct, if the EIC questions are not answered no EIC is calculated. I just have a problem with lazy software vendors.

Taxwise for example does NOT have a field to input foreign taxes paid on dividends in the dividend input page. You have to actually go to page 2 and input that. Just slows down the whole process. What's up with that??